• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 11:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 410
Total: 410

New Pair

Started by New_b0401, October 13, 2014, 01:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_b0401

I was lucky enough to purchase a pair from the one and only Mugwump at the swap yesterday they are settling in nicely  :) Just thought I'd share and keep everyone updated with this thread and of course ask lots of questions as always  ;D

Mugwump

They're looking good in there...checking out the slate already too.....feed em some bloodworms to bulk em up a bit for your first spawn with them.....they just might get the parent raising down for you....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You sure do have the long fins.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 13, 2014, 02:48:11 PM

Aren't they nice....and very full, strong, and erect......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Pretty angels.  Have fun with them.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 13, 2014, 04:29:12 PM

Watch when they turn in the light...........they have colors.... ;D
Jon

New_b0401

Quote from: Mugwump on October 13, 2014, 01:52:31 PM
They're looking good in there...checking out the slate already too.....feed em some bloodworms to bulk em up a bit for your first spawn with them.....they just might get the parent raising down for you....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks! I hope so very excited about this pair! I will do that all I have at the moment are freeze dried will those work lol or a have frozen bs...

New_b0401

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 13, 2014, 02:48:11 PM

Thanks! They are my first veils so their fins seem REALLY long to me :o lol

New_b0401

Quote from: Mugwump on October 13, 2014, 04:36:47 PM

Watch when they turn in the light...........they have colors.... ;D

I will Pauline! These pics were from them being in the tank for a little under an hour they have really brightened up today! Was worried that a 20 H would be to small for them, but they look like they're doing great  ;D

Mugwump

Practice your bbs hatching...... ;D
Jon

New_b0401

Definitely need to do that lol....  LOVE the hatcheries I got from you! Freeze dried bloodworms will work right? Or should I be getting something else?

Mugwump

I guess you could soak em in a little tank water and try them??.....let em lay on the bottom for a bit too....they might forage on them?.....Liz does that with red worms....I do too occasionally....but I use frozen....I hate those little 'jelly' cubes of them...LOL....I can get a 1lb slab of bw's for about $6 at the GCCA swap....
Jon

New_b0401

I'll get some frozen :) Mine aren't jelly like though they're Omega One Freeze Dried bloodworms They picked at them a little(:

This is random and may be a dumb question, but I was looking for slate at Lowes the other day and there's soooo many different textures that I wasn't sure what to get??  :o Do you use smooth or semi-rough etc. May a close up picture so I can see the texture? I have a SUPER smooth piece in and a 'natural' piece maybe it'll be a good experiment ;)  Both pairs are currently cleaning my pinoy zebraXblue clown pair for then the HE's but they are definitely looking  ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: New_b0401 on October 13, 2014, 08:21:16 PM
I'll get some frozen :) Mine aren't jelly like though they're Omega One Freeze Dried bloodworms They picked at them a little(:

This is random and may be a dumb question, but I was looking for slate at Lowes the other day and there's soooo many different textures that I wasn't sure what to get??  :o Do you use smooth or semi-rough etc. May a close up picture so I can see the texture? I have a SUPER smooth piece in and a 'natural' piece maybe it'll be a good experiment ;)  Both pairs are currently cleaning my pinoy zebraXblue clown pair for then the HE's but they are definitely looking  ;D

the smooth is fine.....some folks even make a PVC tower type piece for them to spawn on...that works well too...or....jump up to our sponsor 'Delightful Designs'....Barb makes the best cones anywhere....I use those too, as does Liz and many others.... ;D
Jon

New_b0401

Quote from: Mugwump on October 13, 2014, 08:37:24 PM
Quote from: New_b0401 on October 13, 2014, 08:21:16 PM

the smooth is fine.....some folks even make a PVC tower type piece for them to spawn on...that works well too...or....jump up to our sponsor 'Delightful Designs'....Barb makes the best cones anywhere....I use those too, as does Liz and many others.... ;D

Alright I will do that thanks!