• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:16:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

Did I mention that...

Started by Mugwump, April 16, 2016, 07:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..the weather has gotten really nice?......probably, huh?....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

..but it's worth repeating.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

BBQ tomorrow,country ribs,chicken and Moooooo & oink Hot Links.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on April 16, 2016, 04:47:27 PM
BBQ tomorrow,country ribs,chicken and Moooooo & oink Hot Links.

+1.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I need to buy a grill.  I wish I could find one of those cast iron Hibachi grills.  They used to be cheap and available everywhere.  Not so now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 16, 2016, 04:50:24 PM
I need to buy a grill.  I wish I could find one of those cast iron Hibachi grills.  They used to be cheap and available everywhere.  Not so now.

A Weber 'smokey Joe' would be perfect for you.... |^|

Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 16, 2016, 04:50:24 PM

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11031954&KPID=9188889&pla=pla_9188889

Dennis

Mugwump

Myself, I've had smokey Joe's and Hibachi grills.....the SJ out cooks a H easily...throw meat and a baker on there, set all vents 1/2 open and let it go.....same with chicken, chops, ribs, etc.....the lid makes it more efficient by far.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm gonna get the Smokey Joe. I need to get my arse to the dentist and throw money at him for doing nothing.  It's just a hop skip and jump from Ellisville to Laurel,   I need to go to Laurel on Monday anyway.  I just noticed that I've been driving for 4 months with an expired license :-[  I need to pick up a few other things at Lowes anyway.  I might even go to Walmart for new jeans.  I'll have to do it sometime.  Might as well be while I'm already in town.

I'm looking forward to a good grilled steak, a tater cooked in the coals, and corn on the cob cooked in it's husk.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 16, 2016, 06:03:05 PM
I'm gonna get the Smokey Joe. I need to get my arse to the dentist and throw money at him for doing nothing.  It's just a hop skip and jump from Ellisville to Laurel,   I need to go to Laurel on Monday anyway.  I just noticed that I've been driving for 4 months with an expired license :-[  I need to pick up a few other things at Lowes anyway.  I might even go to Walmart for new jeans.  I'll have to do it sometime.  Might as well be while I'm already in town.

I'm looking forward to a good grilled steak, a tater cooked in the coals, and corn on the cob cooked in it's husk.

.....cook the steak like always...but wrap a tater in foil, along the the corn in husk right on the grill....pop the lid on and cook til about done, then cook your steak right beside them....with the lid, no need to mess with putting them in the coals...no mess... |^|....loved my SJ and my 26" Weber charcoal kettle too... |^|....the 26" lasted about 35yrs....LOL...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I bought new cookware on Amazon just now.  Most of my stuff flimsily made teflon coated crap I bought at Sams Club many years ago when I wasn't into cooking.  I have one good pan (hard anodized made by Grand Gourmet) and one good pot (triple clad stainless made by Tramontina).  I also have a big pot that used to be a pressure cooker pot until a handle broke.  I like the pot but is is all aluminum so I can't cook acidic foods in it.

When I checked out on Amazon I found that I had the Smokey Joe and a grill brush and a chimney to start the charcoal in.  I thought why not shipping is free, it will save me a trip to Lowes.  Afterwards I realized that I would be going to Lowes  anyway for a couple of things.  Oh well,  When the stuff arrives I'll feel like Christmas is here in April.

After much research I bought this http://www.amazon.com/Tramontina-12-Piece-Gourmet-Cookware-Stainless/dp/B00FN3THWG/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1460919815&sr=1-4&keywords=tramontina+clad  The set comes with a steamer basket!!!!!!  Still haven't gotten around to buying knives.  I know that mine are crappy.  I'll find out just how crappy when I splurge on a set of Wustoffs.

Mugwump

Those look like some nice cookware......good price too... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

A couple of big people on my cooking forum said that I made the best choice for me.  It was comforting to get validation from folks who know more than I do.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 17, 2016, 04:40:41 PM
A couple of big people on my cooking forum said that I made the best choice for me.  It was comforting to get validation from folks who know more than I do.

....well they might act like they do..... ;D....you do alright girl.....yup  |^|
Jon