• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 08:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 743
Total: 743

heaters...

Started by Mugwump, April 25, 2016, 07:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...anyone here unplug 'em during the summer...??....well most of them??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

BallAquatics

All but the zebra plecos.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 25, 2016, 07:49:07 PM
All but the zebra plecos.....

Dennis

+1.....do you have bog wood in with yours??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Nope, all hard scape, slate, rocks, and caves.  Lots of wood and plants with the 183's though.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 25, 2016, 07:58:32 PM
Nope, all hard scape, slate, rocks, and caves.  Lots of wood and plants with the 183's though.

Dennis

I read a while back that they like wood for hiding, etc...the author said his spawned 5 nice fry under his wood....interesting...

..have yours spawned as yet??...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I unplug most and turn the others way down.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on April 25, 2016, 08:00:55 PM

I think mine are all female.  I'm just following the advise of the guy I got mine from.  He keeps his in a 240 gallon tank with just a light dusting of sand and a ton of rocks and caves.  His spawn regularly, and he got his when he was younger and worked at a large LFS in Columbus.  He said it was before they were banned from export and were not nearly as expensive as they are now.  I'm pretty sure when things settle down around here, he will hook me up with a male.   ;)

This is where he worked...  http://www.aquariumadventurecolumbus.com/  They have been a long-time sponsor of our local club.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 25, 2016, 08:15:36 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 25, 2016, 08:00:55 PM

I think mine are all female.  I'm just following the advise of the guy I got mine from.  He keeps his in a 240 gallon tank with just a light dusting of sand and a ton of rocks and caves.  His spawn regularly, and he got his when he was younger and worked at a large LFS in Columbus.  He said it was before they were banned from export and were not nearly as expensive as they are now.  I'm pretty sure when things settle down around here, he will hook me up with a male.   ;)

This is where he worked...  http://www.aquariumadventurecolumbus.com/  They have been a long-time sponsor of our local club.

Dennis

I've been reading this....plus patience is the key......I know folks that were sure they had just males, then poof a spawn....and having almost given up then too....

http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworld/shanesworld.php?article_id=273
Jon

BallAquatics

Yep, both Stephan and Jeremy, the guy I got mine from, said they need to be 3 1/2 years old before they will spawn.  Mine are probably just getting to that age now.

Dennis