• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:04:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 772
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 771
Total: 771

Da Xmas eve chow...

Started by Mugwump, December 24, 2016, 10:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....I'll forget something...but.....Spiral sliced dble glazed ham, mashers, cherry fluff, corn, green bean casserole, rolls, deviled eggs, fruit salad, gravy, chocolate pies, yams, cookies, fudge, cranberry sauce, chicken nuggets?, and....the girls always bring sides too.....dessert...?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on December 24, 2016, 10:17:22 AM
....I'll forget something...but.....Spiral sliced dble glazed ham, mashers, cherry fluff, corn, green bean casserole, rolls, deviled eggs, fruit salad, gravy, chocolate pies, yams, cookies, fudge, cranberry sauce, chicken nuggets?, and....the girls always bring sides too.....dessert...?...

cheesy hash browns, apple pie, turtle pie, strawberry Jello, neighbors sent over two big bags of homemade cookies, fudge, and treats....I'm still forgetting something........but it was all good....kids, etc. just left, they have other activities later at church & with friends.....we're pooped...Sassy's a wreck...LOL....g'kid withdrawal....LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Shoot, I'm not a celebrator.  I made a pot roast in the pressure cooker.  Meals for days :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 24, 2016, 03:34:14 PM
Shoot, I'm not a celebrator.  I made a pot roast in the pressure cooker.  Meals for days :)

...it's also a chance for a family get together for us.......meals for days...LOL...yup, and we even sent them all home with food too... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

You have family.  It's different for you.  I do it my way and do as I choose for the day.  I do nothing that I dread.  I try to keep that shit out of my head.  Sometimes I work my butt off.  Sometimes I sit around and drink. 

Today was great.  Got all the laundry washed, cleaned the shit out of the kitchen, made a lovely pot roast, and always working in the back of my mind was my chicken project.  I think that it's cool that I can come to a fish forum for advice on a chicken project.  Is that the cat's pajamas or what? ;D ;D ;D

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 24, 2016, 04:19:42 PM
You have family.  It's different for you.  I do it my way and do as I choose for the day.  I do nothing that I dread.  I try to keep that shit out of my head.  Sometimes I work my butt off.  Sometimes I sit around and drink. 

Today was great.  Got all the laundry washed, cleaned the shit out of the kitchen, made a lovely pot roast, and always working in the back of my mind was my chicken project.  I think that it's cool that I can come to a fish forum for advice on a chicken project.  Is that the cat's pajamas or what? ;D ;D ;D

...yes it is....quite a diverse crowd here, huh ?....who'd a thunk it...LOL....
Jon

wallace

Pork ribs and tater salad. More cookies. Ham tomorrow.

Remember that goofy song, ~~When ya gonna buy me... canned ham~~

We keep holidays as simple as possible. I get overloaded in a room with more than 4 people. Staying home with just the 2 boys here for a couple days.

Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on December 24, 2016, 05:22:24 PM
Pork ribs and tater salad. More cookies. Ham tomorrow.

Remember that goofy song, ~~When ya gonna buy me... canned ham~~

We keep holidays as simple as possible. I get overloaded in a room with more than 4 people. Staying home with just the 2 boys here for a couple days.

...For as long as I can remember, we've had the family 'get togethers'....then unless we've traveled far....we all drifted back to our homes...
Jon