• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 05:08:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 570
Total: 570

Dang, Another Pair Spawned!

Started by LizStreithorst, December 11, 2012, 05:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

These are first timers and my big daddy Blue Diamond ate the eggs as soon as they had them all laid.  The pair are tank bred Red Spotted Green's that I got from my buddy Jim Hall in Texas as little guys.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Drat......have you ever tried the diy wire mesh cages that you put around the cone??..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yes, I use plastic gutter guard.  But these were in the community tank where the water is too hard for the eggs to hatch anyway.  I just moved them to a love nest. 

Frank The Plumber

Yeah....such a bummer that another pair spawned.  :) ;)
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

Hey, don't think that I'm complianing.  The plan is to cross the offspring of these with the offspring of the SSs

BallAquatics

Very nice looking fish Liz.  Here's wishing you the best of luck with your breeding projects!

Dennis

Jo

Jo

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

ilroost

LizStreithorst

This pair will be very challenging to work with.  It will be fun.

JR

Very nice Liz. When I get back on my feet and my fish room done. I will be getting some of your Discus. I will try not to get all pissed off this time with them and do a better job. I could just kick myself in the azz for giving all mine away. I miss them alot.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

I would like you to have some of my fish.  My Snake Skins should produce better quality babies than this RSG pair.  I have a feeling that if I get fry from the RSGs I'll be in for a whole lot of culling.  I could be wrong.  Time will tell.  I hope to have fish that I'm proud of for sale when you're ready to give Discus another go.  Discus aren't hard, they're just somewhat different from most tropical fish.

PaulineMi

Why would this pair be such a challenge and would heavy culling be an issue?  They certainly are lovely!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I believe that they are pretty heavily inbred.  They would be better outcrossed, but the only thing I want to breed them to is one of the 2 Snake Skins and I want offspring from the SS pair before I start palying with out crossing them.  The SSs are exceptional fish.

PaulineMi

Ah....makes sense.

How hard is your water?  Do you move the breeders to RO water?

Discus are so beautiful. Being on a well in a rural area makes me think I have to admire them from afar.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)