• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:36:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 618
Total: 618

They are Yearning to Get it On

Started by LizStreithorst, October 25, 2012, 05:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have 2 pairs forming.  It makes my heart glad.  There are two females I bought from Yim (the good Jim) as little guys under 3", a male from the same batch, and a Stendker leopard that I got from a guy named Rod who y'all don't know.  Rods fish was a show fish.  The mother of Yim's fish placed at a Discus show. 

I will post pics that show the  quality of the fish if things proceed acording to plan.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Those are sweeeeeeet, Liz....good luck with them...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

Those discus are so beautiful! I hope it all works out. I love the color of those and markings. I'd have those if I could.
Jo

Mir

"the good Jim" LOL

They are very pretty! Good luck! <3 Maybe some of the babies will show someday! :)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

LizStreithorst

My hope of hopes is to breed a fish that places at a show.  It's harder than you might imagine.  The importers get special fish for shows.  Their exporter wants them to win so that they can sell more fish. It's a mixed blessing.  It's hard for us in the US to compete with the almost free water, cheap labor, and no heating costs.  On the other hand, if you arrive at a show early and know what you're looking for you can buy the best show fish for a song.

Barb

Good luck with em Liz!   I like the cone.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Thanks.  I try not to get my hopes up.

The cone is one of Barb's.  She makes them.  She gave me this one because she considered it to be deformed, but I liked it.

Jo

Good luck Liz! Your discus are beautiful!
Jo

b125killer

Good luck Liz. They are pretty discus.
Scott

LizStreithorst

One breeding tube is down this evening.  No real action yet, though.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 26, 2012, 05:38:14 PM
One breeding tube is down this evening.  No real action yet, though.

good....it won't be long....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

the easy part is getting them to spawn.... after that its an other ball game...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on October 27, 2012, 07:05:45 AM
the easy part is getting them to spawn.... after that its an other ball game...

Liz is a pretty good Discus breeder...I have faith that she'll get em going right...yep...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll be the first to adimit that I've had a long dry spell.  These are pics of some BDs from my last spawn.  They are very good fish.  Anyone who says otherwise is itchin' for a fight ;D

LizStreithorst

More of the same batch