• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:14:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 574
Total: 574

Quite a few Discus folks here

Started by Mugwump, October 15, 2012, 09:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Roll call !!!!!!!!!!!!........................LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

ME! with one pair who are show winners who delight in frustrating me by not breeding, a 100 gallon with a couple of former show fish, 5 offspring from show winners, and 3 home bred's, and a third 100 gallon with my old daddy fish, a couple of culls I use as sacrificial lambs along with a bunch of angels to take up the extra space.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

And me too, it is how I met Liz last year.  I have a 125 gal tank with 15 adult discus in it, sand bottom and some wood.  I raised them all myself from 1 1/2" babies.  I also have a 75 gal. with 15 adult angels, live plants and wood on a sand bottom.
Barb

Jo

Jo

b125killer

I tried but it was a epic fail. I will try again and from what I learned from the first time around and help from my friends i will do better.
Scott

Jo

They are wonderful fish. I had a lot of bad luck with them in 2007. I've learned more now. Liz really knows what she is doing her discus are fantastic. So I'd just follow her advice! I have 2 now but they are in separate tanks. When I try to put them together one always beats up the other. So you are better off to just buy a group together. I'm really more into angelfish, but my hubby wanted these so we have them. They are both in tanks with angels.
Jo

LizStreithorst

Jo

I'm not sure Liz about that, is the breeding tube like the angelfish tube? The cobalt put out a blunt one like female angels and beat the stew out of Mr. Blue Sky, and he did not show a breeding tube. Once I put the cobalt back in other tank the breeding tube went back in???
Jo

LizStreithorst

Hmmm, if that's the case I'm not sure about it either.

P4Angels

We have 2 breeder pairs and a hand full of pre-dime babies..
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...