• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 29, 2024, 10:20:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,374
  • Total Topics: 18,550
  • Online today: 252
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

Hurt again

Started by Barb, September 19, 2014, 03:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

:(  Sad but true, fell off a short ladder yesterday while taking down wallpaper in a bathroom.  Fell hard onto my left knee and butt.  After two Dr. visits, I find out I have a torn or badly stretched meniscus in my knee.  4-6 weeks to heal on it's own, hopefully no surgery.  Crutches, wheelchair, Bill's scooter, cane, all will be used by me.  I am not happy.  It is a painful injury.

Our new house will be started next week, ready to move into in late Jan.  Hope I can heal soon so I can get back to all the hard work needed.
Barb

PaulineMi

Barb I'm so sorry this happenned to you.  Hope you heal quickly.  Wish I could help.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

Soory you hurt yourself Barb,  i hope you heal quickly.
Scott

Mugwump

Oh no !!!....I hope it heals quick for ya......two vicodin and two shots of 'Jack'...you'll sleep like a baby... ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Sorry you hurt yourself Barb.  Hope you heal quickly so you'll be ready for the new house.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

P4Angels

Sorry to hear that Barb.   I know how that feel I have had 2 surgeries on my right knee and I still have pain in it.  Doc say it me getting old.  Hope you dont have to have any work done on it... Good luck!!!
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

JR

Sorry to hear that Barb. Hope it heals soon.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

BallAquatics

Nothing worst than a bum knee.  I've had a torn lateral meniscus in the past and you have my sympathy.  Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 19, 2014, 04:33:09 PM
Oh no !!!....I hope it heals quick for ya......two vicodin and two shots of 'Jack'...you'll sleep like a baby... ;D ;D
This works for me very well. Only, I usually just do 2 V's and one shot of Uncle Jack, or one beer.

Barb, I hope you can really give that knee the rest it needs to heal. Really bad timing with the move coming up. Good luck  with all that.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thanks all!  At least I can do my wc's OK.  I did a big one on my discus tank this morning, only minimal trouble.  Just took longer.  Bill is a big help around the house, good thing he has regained a lot of strength and is feeling better.  2014 is a year we will never forget, that's for sure.  Hope 15 is much better for us.  And for you especially JR!
Barb

Mugwump

We've got a good support group here.....I know that '15 will be a wonderful year for everyone too... ;D

Now we just need everybody to heal up, so we can start the new year with a bang... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery Barb.

EdKaz

Hope you Heal Quick Barb

ilroost

Hope your knee gets to feeling better soon