• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 09:17:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 557
Total: 558

Southern Weather

Started by PaulineMi, February 11, 2014, 08:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Hope Liz and Barb don't get hit by what they're calling epic weather down there. Be safe.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 11, 2014, 08:01:32 PM
Hope Liz and Barb don't get hit by what they're calling epic weather down there. Be safe.

Georgia got smart this time...the state is closed....you gals be careful....nasty stuff
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I hope everybody down that way stays safe.  Just ride it out inside.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Here's my story:
After spending 5 days on a Bahamas cruise with my very elderly mom, we got off the ship this morning to drive home from Charleston SC to the coast of NC.  When I called my husband at 7am when the ship docked, he told me about the weather I was about to drive right into.  I knew nothing until then.  Two days ago I was in the Bahamas and it was 85!

I really wanted to get home so I drove right through the snow.  I had never done such a thing before, but my 90 yr. old mom has spent most of her long life in very cold and snowy climates.  She sat there next to me and calmly told me just how to drive in it all, very few people out on the road all day, and I did my very first driving in snow!  No ice thank goodness, but we passed about 20 vehicles off the road down in ditches or spun out of control elsewhere.  I drove about 25-30 mph for 6 hours, got her home safely and got home myself just as it got dark.  What an "interesting": day.  My newish car, a 2012 Ford Focus hatchback handles the roads just great by the way.  Now we have over 8" of snow here, our second in only 2 weeks.  I can't tell you all how rare this is in our part of the country.

That's my story for the day.  I think I will go to bed now.  I am quite tired.
Barb

BallAquatics

Great job Barb.  I bet you are exhausted.

Dennis

PaulineMi

My goodness Barb!  Glad you and your Mom are okay. I can only imagine the exhaustion you experienced from that drive.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

You deserve a rest for that.....get some sleep..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great job with that drive.  Those guys in the ditch did not have the good sense to drive for the conditions.  It happens here too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

You're a brave lady to have made that drive with zero show experience, Barb.  Glad you got home safe and sound.

I got lucky here.  The icy roads started 90 miles to the north.  It hasn't dropped below freezing here.
Always move forward. Never look back.