• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 03:45:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,335
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 550
Total: 550

Bad Customer...a rant

Started by LizStreithorst, December 06, 2015, 04:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

She used to be a good customer and kept her dog up well.  I guess she has less money now, but as far as I'm concerned that is no excuse for theft of services.  She called me Wed. night and I told her that I could get her in the next day. She asked me "how much".  I never quote a for sure price so I told her that the normal price is $42.  The poor Shih Tzu was badly matted as it has been the last few times.  This time it was crawling in fleas which I didn't see until I put him on the table.  I gave the dog a Capstar which cost me $5.00 and I charge $5.00 for.

The owner came to pick up her dog and gave me $42.  I told her that the total was $47 because I had to give the flea pill.  She was irate.  She said that's why she asked the price beforehand and I told her that I didn't quote her an exact price.   She said that if that was the case she would go elsewhere for grooming.  I said, "fine" and let her walk out with the dog.  I never get customers like that.  I should have had the feeling about her because when I went up from $40 to $42. and she showed up with $40. I told her that she the could bring the two bucks later.  She never did  I figured that she's forgotten and let it slide.

I am kind.  Friday a good customer dropped off his dog before I opened.  I told him a while back where my key to the shop is hidden.  He has had pneumonia and wasn't able to work for many days.  He's a carpenter (not my personal carpenter) but he has kids and bills and he takes good care of his dog.  When he picked up I told him to take his money back.  He said "no, no, no".  I told him that I could afford it, that I'm getting Social Security now.  That he needs money more that I do right now.  This guy tips big when he has money.  How can I not be kind to him?

I'm generally good at separating the wheat from the chaff but I am not infallible.  This confrontation didn't bother me much at the time but the more I think about it the more it gripes my ass.  That woman will never darken my door again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....occasionally it takes some folks a bit to tip off their true character......sad....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

What an ungrateful being. She should have been thankful to the bottom of her heart that you were willing and able to take care of her dog in that condition. >:(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on December 06, 2015, 04:36:54 PM
....occasionally it takes some folks a bit to tip off their true character......sad....

Even you have been fooled by dishonest people, haven't we Mug?  It happens.  At least this time cost me a tiny bit of money and no hurt feelings (I'm hell on wheels when my feelings get hurt).

Willie, when people come to my shop with flea dogs I tell them what to buy at the vet's and how to do it for the least amount of money. They take my advice and I never see their dog with fleas again.  I have to send to them to the vets because the med (Nexgard) is RX only.  I wish I could sell the stuff myself.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2015, 04:58:55 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 06, 2015, 04:36:54 PM

Even you have been fooled by dishonest people, haven't we Mug?  It happens.  At least this time cost me a tiny bit of money and no hurt feelings (I'm hell on wheels when my feelings get hurt).

Willie, when people come to my shop with flea dogs I tell them what to buy at the vet's and how to do it for the least amount of money. They take my advice and I never see their dog with fleas again.  I have to send to them to the vets because the med (Nexgard) is RX only.  I wish I could sell the stuff myself.

Yep, ...and we've learned to trust again.....it's what honest folks do....albeit, we get a little smarter too... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I always set myself up for being disappointed in people.  There is no other way to judge a person's character but to invite them to betray my trust. And yes, we learn from it when they betray us. 

Barb

Sorry Liz.  I have our daughter to deal with, especially awful today.  I know pain.  If I  w!w or  mim I would be doing them today.  We shall hang in there, us ladies, right?
Barb mim

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2015, 06:30:12 PM
I always set myself up for being disappointed in people.  There is no other way to judge a person's character but to invite them to betray my trust. And yes, we learn from it when they betray us.

I tell people that I don't meet strangers, they're just friends I haven't met yet. I guess my Mother was instrumental in teaching me there is good in all people. Therefore, I decided many years ago that I would trust people I meet until they prove they aren't worthy of it. So I trust.. and verify!  I also try not to let the first meeting with a person set the first impression. Anyone can have a bad day.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron