• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 09:19:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 734
Total: 734

May I Bitch about Something?

Started by LizStreithorst, January 26, 2013, 08:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I detest my Internet connection.  It is via satellite.  The best I can say for it is that it is better than dial up.  I know what cable is like.  Everything is instantaneous.  I can't even watch a few you tubes without needing to re-boot.  This sucks and there is nothing that I can do about it.  Harrumph!

Ahhh, I feel better now ;)
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

I feel your pain Liz...  I often find myself working for businesses that are off the beaten path and have the same problem.

Dennis

ilroost

no cable out here in the boondocks where i live. I know what you mean. It's satelite or nothing for me

PaulineMi

We have to pick up a radio signal that is sent from a transmitter on top of a silo at the farm down the road.

Ah...the age of technology.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

One of my sons uses his cell phone for a wireless connection sometimes...it's not too bad...wonder if that's better than satellite???....Liz, when was your dish last 'tuned in/ zero'd'....??a good storm/wind can sometimes move them a bit, and that's all it takes to slow em down some..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

We have an app on our phones called FoxFi.  It's free wifi which we use to connect our Kindles to the internet when our ISP connection goes down or is too slow.  The paid version of the app is around $7.00 to purchase. There are no monthly fees.

Our phones are Android OS.  Don't know if it's available for others but it would be worth checking into.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 27, 2013, 08:00:38 AM
Our phones are Android OS.

You can't go wrong with Android,  it's a Linux-based operating system.  At a recent Motorola press event, Google?s chairman, Eric Schmidt, said nearly 1.3 million Android devices were activated daily.

Dennis

b125killer

I love my Android. If only it would cook and clean for me. I Have internet from cable and I wouldn't know what I would do if I had to go back to dial up. Do they even have dial up anymore?
Scott