• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 11:04:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 759
Total: 761

OK Liz....

Started by Mugwump, May 06, 2016, 07:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Where's the goat show at that you're helping to show.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Outside of Jackson in a town called Raymond.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 06, 2016, 07:42:58 PM
Outside of Jackson in a town called Raymond.

..a statewide event??...regional..??......a biggie??.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Just a little show but in Mississippi it's the only one other than the state fair.  We used to have shows all over the place but I guess there isn't as much interest as their used to be.  I hope the quality is good.  I understand that both judges are very good.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 06, 2016, 08:01:35 PM
Just a little show but in Mississippi it's the only one other than the state fair.  We used to have shows all over the place but I guess there isn't as much interest as their used to be.  I hope the quality is good.  I understand that both judges are very good.

...cool...grab some pics..??
Jon

Mugwump

..drive safely...have fun.. 8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm back.  Had a wonderful time.  It was a big show!  300 entries from 3 different states.  My friend has Alpines.  She was 1st in the first ring and second in the second ring  The doe that placed second to my friends doe uddered up considerable by the second show.  She had a killer rear udder and I although my friend's doe had her beat on general appearance and IMO was a better overall package, I can't fault the placing in the second ring.  My friend thought his doe should have won but I was in the ring with her, not standing ringside so I couldn't compare the two head to head.

My friend's 5 year old won the breed and went on to take BIS.  That doe  is a knock out.  She needs to go to Nationals.  My friend can't get the weight on her that she needs and I understand why.  It took 20 minutes to milk her out by machine!  She must have been carrying 2 gallons of milk in her udder and she walked around it with ease, not like a doe that has been over bagged.

I took my camera.  My friend was glad.  He hasn't updated his website for 2 years and needed pics.  We walked over to a good place to take pics, I looked in my camera and realized that my memory card was in the computer, 2 hrs away.  Damn me >:(  There will be a 2 day show in Baton Rouge Memorial Day weekend.  I may go Sunday so I can show for him again and take pics.  His animals are exceptional. 

I love my friend Allen.  He calls me his favorite best friend.  Once upon a time he and I traveled the country showing goats.  We had great times together.

Mugwump

..WOW...you folks had a wonderful time  |^|.....and as it should be too..... w!w |^| w!w

Jon

ilroost

Sorry couldn't resist lo

LizStreithorst

Shoot, we eat 'em too.  All but the best males sold for breeding either go as pets (neutered so they don't stink)  or to the livestock sale where they bring nothing or are eaten.  They are like Holstein bull calves.  Not worth much...I got so used to eating goat meat that when I had beef I was turned off by it's strong flavor.  Goat meat is very mild but not fatty so you have to be careful how you cook it.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 07, 2016, 07:54:40 PM
Shoot, we eat 'em too.  All but the best males sold for breeding either go as pets (neutered so they don't stink)  or to the livestock sale where they bring nothing or are eaten.  They are like Holstein bull calves.  Not worth much...I got so used to eating goat meat that when I had beef I was turned off by it's strong flavor.  Goat meat is very mild but not fatty so you have to be careful how you cook it.

I love curry goat. It's a favorite at the Jamaican restaurants in NYC. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.