• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 07:59:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 520
Total: 520

LOL..guppie babies...

Started by Mugwump, March 31, 2013, 07:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Scott's spawned in the bag at the swap...ours had the courtesy to at least wait til we got them in the tank. We haven't had guppies for years, I forgot how neat they are..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I feed most of that guppy fry to my angels that are a little under the weather. They eat them up like they were starving. oh wait they probably where. They haven't eating anything in a while. Wouldn't eat flake or frozen food. But I got them eating teeny greeny now. so I can spare the guppy fry. I love Captain Bob's fish food. I also got the Japanese Blue guppies and Moscow Black into there own tanks. And I have three females ready to pop at any time. I got them in a breeder box this time. I hope the have the babies soon.
This is my new stand for the black and the blue guppies. I have the bottom tank ready to hatch out some angel fry.
Scott

Mugwump

Nice set up..what kind of stand is that??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It's pine 1x2 I figured I wasn't going to put a heavy load on it so 2x4 might be a over kill. I spray painted it with a paint that suppose to makes it look like stone. It turned out nice. It was like painting with silly string. I want to put led's on the bottom tank soon. I do like three tier stands. I did get the second tier a little crooked. but it's all good.
Scott

Mugwump

Remember, even a 10 gal weighs about 100 lbs X 3......you've got some weight on there...
Jon

b125killer

I did do some testing on it. It will hold me up without breaking. there only 2.5 gallon tanks. that's only 62 pounds. There bare bottoms and I don't think the 6 guppies and hand full of java moss weighs all that much. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I have to clean up water off the floor. I'm sure it'll be good.
Scott

Mugwump

Oh. ok....I thought there were some 10's up there......doh... :P
Jon

b125killer

I would of made it alot sturdier for three 10's. I wouldn't want to put one ten on the top of it. I just figured that a few guppies would do fine in a 2.5 gallon. Plus with a tank that small I could make the hole tank into a breeder box with little work. 
Scott

ilroost