• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:34:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 505
Total: 505

Hummingbird Tetras

Started by Rjb3, March 14, 2013, 08:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

We have babies. Can you believe it? They pawned in a 36 Bow front community tank.

Mugwump

Ah, a curve ball....LOL...surprises, I like...

I had to look it up.... ;D
http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_characidium.php

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Had to look them up myself.Nice!!!

PaulineMi

That's a new one for me too. Sounds like quite an interesting little fish. Congratulations!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Congrats on the fry Rjb3!  Very cool looking fish.  Do they behave similar to North American darters?

Dennis

Rjb3

They do somewhat. They zip around the tank and hover like a Hummingbird does. Their head is at a level slightly above their tail while hovering. And their pectorals are flapping at incredible speed like a Hummingbird's wings do. We love them.

PaulineMi

I found a video of them.  I really like this little fish.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Rjb3

Great video. That's what they do alright.