• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 11:14:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 626
Total: 626

MOre Shellies

Started by Ron Sower, March 03, 2013, 11:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I just picked up my 3rd Evolve8 nano tank from a WAFISHBOX member yesterday.  I've really gotten to like the tank style.  So after a dinner conversation with some friends at our house Friday night at which my lovely wife mentioned we really shouldn't buy any more aquaria (she may have been a little more assertive than that...!), I went over to the fellow's home to pick up some shells for the little N. multifaciatus tank I have set up with fish from Aron & Lori.  Well, when I got there, I spotted the N. brevis in the living room and he said they were for sale.  We struck a deal and I went on my way home with another tank...! So to  keep my wife happy, and helping me out, my buddy Stan, who'd gone with me, explained to her that I bought the fish and the fellow gave me the tank to keep them in...! 

This moning the tank is clear as crystal and Mom, Dad, & the fry are out and about. They are eating fine. So I now have my second grouip of shellies!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Ha!  Some of us totally understand. My LFS people have told me that they've been instructed to pretend they don't know a customer if said customer comes into the store with a spouse.  I know of a person who drives around with a new tank in the back of their vehicle. They wait until their spouse isn't home to sneak it into the house.

After your brevis settle in let us know what you notice as the biggest difference between them and the multies. I have brevis and from what I understand they maintain a smaller territory around their chosen shell(s). I do know that the male will aggressively chase other males away from his "wife". 

Congratulations on your new additions.   Shellies are so cute and very interesting to observe.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 03, 2013, 12:21:43 PMAfter your brevis settle in let us know what you notice as the biggest difference between them and the multies. I have brevis and from what I understand they maintain a smaller territory around their chosen shell(s). I do know that the male will aggressively chase other males away from his "wife".

I hope I can spend enough time this week to make those observations.  We have to get the rest of our stuff out of the vacant house and set up another shed here at the new one to stuff it all in, because we turn it over to the buyers next Monday!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron