• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:10:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 523
Total: 523

White Cloud Mountain Minnows-Tanichthys albonubes

Started by PaulineMi, December 13, 2012, 06:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Somehow I managed to get a few pictures of these constantly moving little lovelies.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Very nice.  I like to always have a tank of these around as well. 

Dennis

Jo

So pretty! I love all the pics you post of these beautiful little fish!
Jo

PaulineMi

Thanks all.  :)

Jo...I have a 40 breeder that has become a "catch all" for groups of little fish. I really enjoy the various little species. If the tiny fish that exist were average to large sized critters hobbiests who overlook them would most likely collect them in droves. Most of them are quite beautiful upon close inspection when kept under the right conditions. Plus they tend to be highly active show offs and are entertaining to watch.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Jo

Where do you find yours? I have a 10 gallon with Harlequins in it, it is planted. Love watching them dash around. They do that breeding thing too and put eggs on back of leaves, but no babies. I wouldn't mind moving them to a bigger tank and adding more little fish. I agree with you about them being so active and showing off. I have a Cherry Barb tank with 2 males and 4 females and they are very active and fun to watch. though not quite as small.
Jo

PaulineMi

Quote from: Jo on December 14, 2012, 11:28:32 AM
Where do you find yours? I have a 10 gallon with Harlequins in it, it is planted. Love watching them dash around. They do that breeding thing too and put eggs on back of leaves, but no babies. I wouldn't mind moving them to a bigger tank and adding more little fish. I agree with you about them being so active and showing off. I have a Cherry Barb tank with 2 males and 4 females and they are very active and fun to watch. though not quite as small.

Find the little fish?  My LFS gets different kinds of cool fish in all the time. However I'm kind of afraid to get fish from a store anymore due to some problems with a few purchases not being healthly last year. 

Now I stick to fish from breeders and even then its QUARATINE only for a month-six weeks.

I've never had cherry barbs but I have a group of Pentazona barbs. They're my "biggest little fish". They look like miniature tiger barbs.

Jo

Oh I'd like to see a pic of those. So do you have local breeders you buy from? or someplace online? I've only had fish shipped to me 3 times and very happy with quality and health of those fish. So I know what you mean.
Jo

PaulineMi

I'll look for pix of the barbs.

I've only had my angels shipped to me on four occasions.  All the rest of my fish are LFS ones I've had around from over the years.

PaulineMi

PaulineMi

Quote from: Jo on December 14, 2012, 02:52:15 PM
Oh I'd like to see a pic of those. So do you have local breeders you buy from? or someplace online? I've only had fish shipped to me 3 times and very happy with quality and health of those fish. So I know what you mean.

I found the pictures of  my Pentazona barbs: