• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 07:53:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 522
Total: 522

Some new fry.....

Started by BallAquatics, December 09, 2012, 08:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I was lucky enough to get a dozen Tanichthys thacbaensis (Lemon White Clouds) from Frank's Aquarium last fall.  They were still very small when I received the fish so it has taken a bit to grow them up some, but I got my first fry from them today.

It has always amazed me how nice fish from the Tanichthys family can look once you get them comfortable in a planted tank...  they generally show very poorly at the fish store.

Dennis

Mugwump

Those are some gorgeous fish..congrats on the spawn...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thank you Jon.  These fish can be very hard to find, I was very happy when Frank was able to get me some.  I have visions of dozens of them in a 48" heavily planted tank. 

Dennis

Mir

<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

never seen one before, really like them

Jo

I haven't seen those fish before either. Totally gorgeous! I bet your vision will be lovely!
Jo

b125killer

That's a cool fish. I like the colors on them. Good luck with the fry. 
Scott

PaulineMi

That's a gorgeous fish. I've never seen those before.

I have a special place for the "regular" White Cloud Mountain minnows.  I keep a school of them in my tank as they are really pretty little fish.  They're tough little show offs and I find them every bit as nice in a tank as the neon or cardinal tetras.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)