• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:01:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 506
Total: 507

Guppy tank

Started by b125killer, June 16, 2013, 09:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I had to make a stand for the guppy tank. I'm happy with this stand I used 3 2x4x8 and  1 1x8x8 plank. I the hole stand cost 22 dollars.
I had to move the Japanese Blue Guppies I started out with 4 now I have 12. That was just too many for the 2.5G tank. They are so much more active in there new tank. I think there going to like it. I also moved the new BN's in there too. Let them grow a bit then put them in the big grow out tank. I hope by that time I'll have the older BN's ready for new homes. 

Scott

BallAquatics

Looks great!  What is the finish you used?

Dennis

b125killer

I used Krylon Stone spray paint. that cost more than the wood But I do like how it turns out. It's like painting with silly string. There is alot of fibers in the paint to give it a stone look. Not to sure about the stone look. I can tell just looking at it that it's not stone. but it does look neat. 
Scott

Rjb3

I'm glad the Guppies are going well for you.

b125killer

Thanks Captain Bob, I do like them alot. I was all giddy when I seen the first two babies where male and female. Now That they have a proper tank they should do alot better. Not that they where doing bad in a small tank they where just running out of room. and I wanted to get them in something better before I ran in to problems.   
Scott

Mugwump

Sweet. Scott...looks real nice... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Thanks everyone, The guppies do seem to be happier in there new tank.
Scott

Barb

Nice tank for sure!  Do they breed as fast as my Endlers?
Barb

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

Thanks Jr and Barb. I'm not to sure how fast Endlers breed. but the last time these guppies gave birth was two months ago. and it was only 2 fry. This time she gave birth to 6. But that's not to say that the adults didn't eat some of the fry too. 
Scott