• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 04:45:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 500
Total: 500

Just listen'n....

Started by Mugwump, December 01, 2015, 01:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Oh the harmonies....Brian's pitch perfect falsetto.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

....full album...'Pet Sounds'....

Jon

BallAquatics

As one who spent an inordinate amount of time street racing a '62 Chevy II, this is my favorite...

https://youtu.be/e6DrMkLNYKw

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I like the ones with the most falsetto.  You know that must be hard on a guy's voice.  I've always wondered why some men can put their voice into a way higher range and women can't do it. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Bill has always told me that when a guy sings like that, he has a rubber band wrapped securely around his male parts.  Think it is true?? ;D

I have always enjoyed the Beach Boys!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Falsetto is a weird thing.  Many men can do it.  Women cannot do it.  I understand it is very hard on the vocal chords.

I think Bill thinks that because way in the 17th century prepubescent boys with the best singing voices were castrated so that their voices would stay high.  Back then there were no female actors and no female singers.  Men played their parts.  Weird, huh?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 27, 2015, 02:51:29 PM
Falsetto is a weird thing.  Many men can do it.  Women cannot do it.  I understand it is very hard on the vocal chords.

I think Bill thinks that because way in the 17th century prepubescent boys with the best singing voices were castrated so that their voices would stay high.  Back then there were no female actors and no female singers.  Men played their parts.  Weird, huh?

Sure women can sing falsetto.....Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera both use it, amongst others....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Links to recordings, please.

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

OK, I give.  Some women can do it.  They can't maintain that way of singing for long. For the few women that can do it it's a short one shot thing. though.  There are men who make a living singing falsetto.  Listen to falsettos in opera's.  They do it constantly.  Brian with the Beech Boys had the gift as well.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 27, 2015, 04:18:24 PM
OK, I give.  Some women can do it.  They can't maintain that way of singing for long. For the few women that can do it it's a short one shot thing. though.  There are men who make a living singing falsetto.  Listen to falsettos in opera's.  They do it constantly.  Brian with the Beech Boys had the gift as well.

I agree, there aren't a ton of female falsetto singers....Minnie was with the 'Rotary Connection' and did sing whole songs that way...

Brian was great....but others include Frankie Valli, Prince, Curtis Mayfield, Justin Timberlake, Eddie Kendricks, 'Smokey', Aron Neville who is angelic...what a voice...   

Jon