• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 01:43:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 587
Total: 587

baby Parrotlets

Started by Mugwump, May 29, 2014, 06:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

No...not ours....but this is what they look like...and don't get a whole lot bigger either ;D....bigger than the larger one shown tho

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

??? The link is not working for me  ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 29, 2014, 06:45:31 PM
??? The link is not working for me  ::)

thanks......works now ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

They are some nice little birds. Can't wait to see yours.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Willie

PaulineMi

Baby birds are absolutely adorable.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

greydragon

i miss having baby parrotlets they are so cute

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on May 30, 2014, 09:19:58 AM
i miss having baby parrotlets they are so cute

I didn't know that you used to have parrotlets.....what personalities these tiny birds have, I'm glad that Jan found them and brought them home....
Jon

greydragon

all 12 of mine where snugglers, mom, dad, and 10 babies they had 2 groups of 5 each time.they loved to come out  and fight  to see who would have my shoulders most time mom would be on my left shoulder and dad on my right  then came all the kids.one thing i didnt really like was the musky smell i got from the nest box when i opened it to check on the little ones(i mean to play with the little ones lol)

Mugwump

..Ours are going for their first batch...lots of loving and nest checking, hitting the cuttle bone pretty good...we'll see.........Mom/Pop cockatiel are brooding on four eggs, that we can see....they should be hatching early the second week of June.....first time for this pair too......Jan's raised all different kinds of finches in the past....this is something new....and exciting ;D....
Jon

wsantia1

Sounds like lots of fun.  Best wishes to you and Jan with these. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

..thanks, Willie.....when we took Pete out of that cage, all hell broke loose with mom/pop...they began a whirlwind breeding regime.........Pete must have been cramping their style ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 31, 2014, 07:05:52 AM
..thanks, Willie.....when we took Pete out of that cage, all hell broke loose with mom/pop...they began a whirlwind breeding regime.........Pete must have been cramping their style ;D

Sure sounds like he was.  Are you going to get Pete his own girl friend? ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Possibly.....but he thinks that Jan's his 'girl' right now....LOL......
Jon

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on May 31, 2014, 07:12:29 AM

Several years ago I listened to book on tape during a long drive. It was written by an ornithologist about her experience with a male macaw rescue that was "in love" with her. Quite fascinating.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 31, 2014, 07:25:56 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 31, 2014, 07:12:29 AM

Several years ago I listened to book on tape during a long drive. It was written by an ornithologist about her experience with a male macaw rescue that was "in love" with her. Quite fascinating.

Oh yes, they do bond.....Jan talks to Pete and he falls off the perch fawning over her.......but he'll go to anybody...he's a good bird...even Manny likes him ;D
Jon