• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 02:31:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,354
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 782
Total: 783

MMMmmm

Started by Mugwump, December 26, 2015, 01:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Having a nice big turkey sandwich.......very good too....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Oh....and Italian beef's tonight... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm finally making the Dolmas.  They're all rolled up and in the pot simmering now :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 26, 2015, 02:33:32 PM
I'm finally making the Dolmas.  They're all rolled up and in the pot simmering now :)

..it must really smell good in there.... w!w |^| |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

they haven't been on long enough to release their aroma yet.  Soon....

LizStreithorst

OMG, it smells to die for in here now.  It will take longer to cook than it normally would because when I looked in the pantry I only had brown rice which is yummy but takes longer to adsorb moisture.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 26, 2015, 03:14:36 PM
OMG, it smells to die for in here now.  It will take longer to cook than it normally would because when I looked in the pantry I only had brown rice which is yummy but takes longer to adsorb moisture.

...the extra time that you get smelling it will only make it better..... |^|....got some Italian bread to have with it?....when we have Golumkies the fresh hot bread is a must....MMMmmmm....'soakie'....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I am unable to buy a decent loaf of bread down here.  I used be be able to get a decent rye but the only distribute no longer carrier it.  This would call for good crusty French bread which was still available to me up until 6 months ago, but now is gone.  I'll have to talk to my supermarket manager about it.  The Jewish Rye I will have to buy on line and pay a bundle for.  It's insulting to me to have to pay a bundle for "the staff of life".

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 26, 2015, 03:27:05 PM
I am unable to buy a decent loaf of bread down here.  I used be be able to get a decent rye but the only distribute no longer carrier it.  This would call for good crusty French bread which was still available to me up until 6 months ago, but now is gone.  I'll have to talk to my supermarket manager about it.  The Jewish Rye I will have to buy on line and pay a bundle for.  It's insulting to me to have to pay a bundle for "the staff of life".

..now that's sad.....we occasionally buy the frozen bread dough....you just let it thaw/rise and bake as a loaf, or tear off chucks to make big rolls...it's actually pretty good bread too....
Jon

LizStreithorst

There are advantages to living where I live as well as disadvantages.  It grieves me to bitch about the rural south but their taste in food isn't the greatest.  I thinks that it's because they didn't grow up where there was ethnic diversity.  Thank God for the Blacks.  They can cook!

Over all, the good parts of living where I live has more advantages than disadvantages.  I wouldn't trade it for living anywhere else.  I may have been raised in New Jersey but I was never really home until I was where I am now.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 26, 2015, 04:11:59 PM
There are advantages to living where I live as well as disadvantages.  It grieves me to bitch about the rural south but their taste in food isn't the greatest.  I thinks that it's because they didn't grow up where there was ethnic diversity.  Thank God for the Blacks.  They can cook!

Over all, the good parts of living where I live has more advantages than disadvantages.  I wouldn't trade it for living anywhere else.  I may have been raised in New Jersey but I was never really home until I was where I am now.

.....and I don't blame you one bit for liking it either..........everywhere has it's +/-'s....it just boils down to what makes you happy, that's all that counts...
Jon