• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 05:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 783
Total: 783

Sunday.....

Started by Mugwump, June 23, 2019, 05:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..as the thorms rumble through the skies, and the rain pummels the ground, it's peaceful inside....and it makes for a lazy start to the day....tho my morning routine is about done and got a load of wash going....

...maybe I'll just grab a big bowl of cereal, sit on the front room floor and watch cowboy movies on the tv...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...think I'll have a smoothie this morning...

...waiting for the AC guy to call to come over and fix one in the unit that is rented for the summer and fall...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..water changes done.....looks good.. |^|..lotsa friskie fry down there.... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's another hot one here today. 

I took Sweetie outside and let her dust a bit.  She can't flop around in the loose dirt and toss it all over her body like she should when her legs were sound, but she was able so scratch around in it some and peck at it.  She enjoyed herself.  I brought her inside to the office where she's been staying during her recovery but this pergo floor doesn't offer the traction she needs as she's trying to walk again.  I can't leave her alone in the front yard because of the rooster.  I'm sure that he caused her injury in the first place.  I put her out back door off the fish room.  It's a terrible, neglected place with old water storage containers and fish tanks everywhere and weeds galore.  But like Barb said, the chicken doesn't know it's a dump.  It's out of doors, there's plenty of shade, and although it is pretty warm out already it's breezy and comfortable so far.  I know I'll have to bring her back inside when it gets really hot.  She is still an invalid, after all.

I'm done with outside work.  I cut and pulled privet and briers on the pasture side of the fence line.  I worked for as long as I was in the shade, but by !!:30 rolled around there was little shade left and I was sweating buckets and was forced to give up.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I'm done putz'n for the day,...even got the bed mattress flipped and put on clean sheets.... :)...in the washer now,,,,

..so now I'm waiting for ball games to come on in a bit. |^|....got more done than I expected today....yippee..... :P
Jon

Ron Sower

..met the ac guy...easy fix...then I repaired the railing to the steps...solid niw...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron