• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 03:59:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 838
Total: 838

Let's call it Saturday....

Started by Mugwump, June 22, 2019, 05:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....let ya know later if I got it right....... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...70bdegs out there with some nice breezes.....I think we're going out to check a few garage sales..... huh...do lunch  huh....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...79 now and going to 97, so it says...sunny and clear...the Woodbury fire smoke is blowing in the other direction...

...WC today...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I got my errands done early so I would have time to get some yard work done before it got too hot.  I went to work at 9, worked in the sun for an hour and a half and had no choice but to quit.  With the heat index it feels like 97 out there.  It must feel like 120 in the sun.

I have the ingredients to make an excellent recipe for Chiles Poblanos.  I'll make 6 up to the battering and frying part, vacuum seal and freeze 5 and batter and fry one.  Yum.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..we're back from roaming around....beautiful breezy day.....we've hit our forecast high of 78degs an hour ago and it's still climbing...bet we hit mid/upper 80's... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

It should have been a bad day today because I found out that I can no longer take the heat.  But I remained cheerful none the less.  I decided to take my injured chicken out for another little bit of time outside. 

My chicken walked.  She actually walked!!!  It wasn't a pretty walked but she managed to put enough weight  on her left leg to support her weight.  I was thing about getting ready to put her out of her misery but I wasn't ready yet.  It's not like I don't know how to do it humanely.  Sweetie is one tough cookie.  She will heal.  I could not be more proud of her.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 22, 2019, 04:51:20 PM
It should have been a bad day today because I found out that I can no longer take the heat.  But I remained cheerful none the less.  I decided to take my injured chicken out for another little bit of time outside. 

My chicken walked.  She actually walked!!!  It wasn't a pretty walked but she managed to put enough weight  on her left leg to support her weight.  I was thing about getting ready to put her out of her misery but I wasn't ready yet.  It's not like I don't know how to do it humanely.  Sweetie is one tough cookie.  She will heal.  I could not be more proud of her.

....that's great news !....you go Sweetie.... w!w |^| w!w
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

'Bout time for me too, Muggers.  Sleep well.