• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 04:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 542
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 523
Total: 523

Spawn from Feb 1st

Started by LizStreithorst, March 06, 2014, 07:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I moved this small spawn to a 29 gallon tank (the smallest I had) when they were just tiny little dots because their parents spawned again.  There are only 30 of them.  As you can see, I haven't culled yet.  There are 2 little bitty ones and I spotted one with a short gill plate.  I'm amazed that all but 4 of them have turned and 2 of those are the little bitty ones.

Their stupid p/p father committed suicide so I won't be able to repeat the breeding.  But mom and her new love interest are caring for wigglers.  Mom is the fish I like the shape of so much, but she only has a black tail, so I almost didn't breed her.  Shows what I know, huh?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...pic???.....and the genes may not express as you like sometimes, but it's true, if they carry the gene, they possess the ability to show it...I've had some not so great expressing Koi turn out some of the best coverage and color around.....amazing, huh...how angels can do that...I guess when the right combo is present....boomba!!!!....excellence ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Oops.  Forgot the pics ::)

Mugwump

Very nice ;D....tap water?..or a blend?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 06, 2014, 08:11:54 PM
straight aged tap.

Excellent..........kudos, nice job with them... ;D
Jon

P4Angels

8) ,oO {WOW!!  Great job!!}
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

PaulineMi

How are these guys coming along Liz?  I missed this post originally...very nice!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Dang, you had to ask, didn't you?  The day before I had my best dog put to sleep, 2 1/2 weeks ago, I was distraught but doing my best to keep it all together by doing my normal stuff.  Those kids were ready to be moved from their 29 into a 65.  I changed all the water in the 65 because it was full of RO, moved the kids, and forgot to add dechlorinator.  I came back to the fish room about an hour later, the kids were all at the top, noses up, and I realized my mistake.  The next morning all but 6 were dead.  The only thing I had to put the 6 remaining fish in was the 65 mug's grand kids are in.  I took the Koi parents out because I figured Mugs parents would rip them to shreds.  They're in that tank now and doing well.

I've been meaning to take a pic of that tank so Mug can get a look at his grand kids.  I'll do it after work today.

PaulineMi

Awww....a double whammy there.  I'm very sorry to hear about your dog Liz. It's understandable that you were distracted during fish and tank maintenance.  The six angels that survived, while disappointing in quantity, are I'm sure, lovely fish.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Sometimes bad shit happens and you have no choice but to suck it up and move on.  On the 6 (one of which was the only fish of the group other than a few culls that did not turn (don't that just figure) I should get a pair. 

I've tried to get a good shot of the tank they're in with Mug's grand kids but so far no cigar.  I'll try again another day.

wsantia1

So sorry to hear about your dog & fish. :( Hopefully you get that pair out of the survivors.  :) 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.