• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:08:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 632
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 633
Total: 633

Wednesday's coffee...

Started by Mugwump, December 02, 2015, 06:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...great coffee this morn'n....it snowed last night...and trying to snow more now, or soon......it's the wet stuff...

..we turned on the TV for NCIS last night and got 'Rudolph the red nosed reindeer' instead......tis the season ....oh well...

..fish room putz'n today...some water changes and fry moving...then chill'n out....it'll be a nasty, messy day outside; we'll avoid going out in it, if we can....blah...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Polishing off the first pot here.  34?F going up to 47?F this afternoon.  Darcy is going south with me this morning to see her mother.  Will be very nice to have some company.  Maybe a bite to eat for lunch with her if we get back in time.

Dennis

wsantia1

Coffee real good today. First pot down. Kobe has a grooming appt. today even though it's raining. huh I have to drop off fish today. I have to catch them first.lol The Angels are easy. Them BN's are a PITA. I could drain the tank but I have other fish in there. It's only a dozen BNs so I'll make do. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pot #2 here....it was one of those pretty snows....covered everything but the streets and the sidewalks, so far....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 02, 2015, 07:02:05 AM
Coffee real good today. First pot down. Kobe has a grooming appt. today even though it's raining. huh I have to drop off fish today. I have to catch them first.lol The Angels are easy. Them BN's are a PITA. I could drain the tank but I have other fish in there. It's only a dozen BNs so I'll make do. |^|

BN's are a trip to catch.....patience saves time.....once I start whipping the net around after them, I know it's time for a break....or call Jan...LOL
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 02, 2015, 07:06:33 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on December 02, 2015, 07:02:05 AM

BN's are a trip to catch.....patience saves time.....once I start whipping the net around after them, I know it's time for a break....or call Jan...LOL

I usually have a nice puddle of water (ok, some exaggeration) on the floor when I finish. I am glad they are in the basement with the concrete floor. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 02, 2015, 06:18:50 AM

..we turned on the TV for NCIS last night and got 'Rudolph the red nosed reindeer' instead......tis the season ....oh well...

I watched some of PBS's 50 year anniversary of Alice's Restaurant last night.  Anybody else catching that? Like all of us, old Arlo has aged

Getting my coffee soon.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

Don't want a pickle.
Just want to ride my motorcycle.

Don't want to die.
Just want to ride my motorci
cle.

Terrible coffee this morning. Well the coffee was good just no where near enough of it.

Did manage to get into an accident on Sunday though. Can't fathom how, if she passed me on the left of the double yellow it's my fault. Oh well. Last accident I had in 06 I pretty much saved the girl's life with careful wheel work and a well placed front end. That was the other driver's fault. Never even saw me.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 02, 2015, 02:19:06 PM
Good luck with that one G8!
Thanks Ron. In the 06 accident the first words out of my mouth to the passenger in the car I hit was "Are you OK?" Several times.

First words out of this driver's big mouth "Do you have insurance?"
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 02, 2015, 02:38:53 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 02, 2015, 02:19:06 PM
Good luck with that one G8!
Thanks Ron. In the 06 accident the first words out of my mouth to the passenger in the car I hit was "Are you OK?" Several times.

First words out of this driver's big mouth "Do you have insurance?"

..there's just too many folks looking for the bucks from everything...

If she was passing on a dble striped road area....she should get cited for it.....that's in your favor for sure...
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Yeah her passenger said he hit his shoulder on the dash. Officer asked him to show him how that was possible without hitting his head on the windshield. Officer told me outright he thought he was lying but he had to put it in the report.

The officer was a crash investigator but some of his statistics leave a bit to be desired. Told me that speed perception is usually off. OK. Also said the average person walks about 5 mph. My average speed is about 4 mph and I walk pretty fast. I just googled it and average is about 3.1 mph. And he said when she was passing me she then had right of way and I was the burdened vehicle even though it was a double yellow. I just looked up FL law and she was making an illegal move.

When I talked to the other driver's insurance today they said that went bye bye. And they couldn't understand how it was my fault either. In all likely hood we were both at fault. I didn't signal a left into the parking space. She didn't signal a lane change. She was in the oncoming lane. I was slowing to turn.

If we are both found to be at fault via the insurance companies then whatever percentage she had would reduce my deductible. If they find she was fully at fault, well that's good for me.
I was talking to a delivery driver today and he couldn't understand it either. A point he brought up though was what if I was slowing because there was someone or something in the road ahead? She would have creamed them instead.

GraphicGr8s

Got word yesterday they weren't going to total the truck.
Went to the salvage yard and got a fender, tire rim, spindle.
Got online with Advance Auto and got the steering rack, ball joints, left upper control arm, tie rod ends.
By splitting up the order and keeping each one just over $100 I used a $40 off coupon. Saved me $120.

Got the bent control arm out. Lower ball joint is riveted so I'll bring the grinder and see how far I get tomorrow.

Whatever I don't get done tomorrow my FIL says he will finish. Whatever he leaves I'll finish next weekend. Then off to bodywork.