• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 507
Total: 507

Monday coffee....

Started by Mugwump, November 30, 2015, 05:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I need sponges too....last time I ordered a case from David when he had a sale going...case/10 $52.00....but I would like to get at least 2 cases and change out all my older ones.....they're getting raggity ....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 30, 2015, 06:16:37 PM
I need sponges too....last time I ordered a case from David when he had a sale going...case/10 $52.00....but I would like to get at least 2 cases and change out all my older ones.....they're getting raggity ....

There was no Cyber Monday sale going on there. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 30, 2015, 06:30:16 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 30, 2015, 06:16:37 PM

There was no Cyber Monday sale going on there. huh

Only discus I believe??....who knows??....I wouldn't buy a drink of water from there now anyway.....I bought the sponges a year+ ago... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

You guys should switch to Stephan's Cubefilters.  They move more water and don't wear out.... at least I haven't worn any out in the 6 years I've been using them.  http://www.swisstropicals.com/filtration-shop/cubefilter-shop/

Dennis

wsantia1

I have some of those too but I got the Hydro Pro V for about the same price with a coupon. The Hydro Pro's move a lot of water. Much more than the regular Hydros and I have a bunch of parts I bought for 5 bucks at a GCCA swap.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 30, 2015, 06:42:28 PM
You guys should switch to Stephan's Cubefilters.  They move more water and don't wear out.... at least I haven't worn any out in the 6 years I've been using them.  http://www.swisstropicals.com/filtration-shop/cubefilter-shop/

Dennis

I've made similar cube filters.....they work well and are sturdy....I have sponge material left, perhaps I'll make a few to use til I get something else..???
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 30, 2015, 07:07:01 PM
I've made similar cube filters.....

That's probably best,  I don't know anyone who tried Stephan's filters that didn't end up changing ALL their filters over to his.....  Ted Judy, Mike Hellweg, Hans, Frank Greco, Gary Lange, Rusty Wessel, etc.....  LOL

http://www.swisstropicals.com/references/

Dennis

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Thanks, Ted has some nice vids out there....and some really over done one's too....LOL....he's a good guy..
Jon

Rjb3

I promise I'll be good . . . . . .

Mugwump

Jon