• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:53:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 509
Total: 509

Early Thanksgiving coffee...

Started by Mugwump, November 26, 2015, 05:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee's very good....MMmmm...rained last night, but warmer, it's 49deg's out now..headed to the mid 50's....but more rain off/on...

We're going to #1's house later for Thanksgiving dinner....all the boys, and families, will be their too....and Lisa's folks, etal...."the cast of thousands".. ;D

It'll be a fun filled mad house for sure...LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yes Coffee is very good indeed. Already downed the first pot. Now I am going to get ready to get on the road for the 90 minute drive to DC. Won't be too bad today. Yesterday it was a mess. I figure that I'll get to my destination around 11:00 am. In time for a bit of chit chat before football, eating anything that's available by that time. lol |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 26, 2015, 05:51:32 AM
Yes Coffee is very good indeed. Already downed the first pot. Now I am going to get ready to get on the road for the 90 minute drive to DC. Won't be too bad today. Yesterday it was a mess. I figure that I'll get to my destination around 11:00 am. In time for a bit of chit chat before football, eating anything that's available by that time. lol |^| |^| |^|

drive safe...have fun....eat plenty..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Just finishing up yesterdays left-over coffee, ready to start a new pot.  IT work at a place where it should run until around 3:00 or 4:00 pm unattended.  A little bit of tidying up and then off to see Terri.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 26, 2015, 06:41:53 AM
Just finishing up yesterdays left-over coffee, ready to start a new pot.  IT work at a place where it should run until around 3:00 or 4:00 pm unattended.  A little bit of tidying up and then off to see Terri.

Dennis

..Please give her our best...we're root'n for her.. |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Mugwump

...Almost ready to go now, even squeezed in a brief nap.. ;D 
Jon

Rjb3

And I thought I was the only one that napped before 10. Good job, Jon.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 26, 2015, 10:19:41 AM
And I thought I was the only one that napped before 10. Good job, Jon.

+1.....it's a retiree pleasure.....feel like a nap?...take a nap.....LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

My neighbor called me and invited me to come eat with their big family.  Both daughters with all their kids will be there.  They always invite me.  Sometimes I accept sometimes not.  I declined politely this time.  I have a full day planned out, and besides I haven't felt much like eating for the past couple of weeks.  Like Dennis, my Thanksgiving will be a working one this time.  Unlike him, mine will be fun work not work work.  I got an early start and have already gotten 10 tanks sterilized, wiped down and water replaced with dechlorinated water.  I used about 300 gallons of aged water and am filling the storage tanks up as I type.  I squeezed all the sponges inside the chlorinated water and then squeezed out twice in a bucked heavy with dechlor.  I've put them to dry in case I didn't get all the chlorine out.  I can switch them out with tanks that have more than one sponge already cycled so I shouldn't end up with any uncycled tanks. 

I'm taking a break now before I tackle Charlotte which will be more fun.  Her bath and dry will be a piece of cake.  I haven't done a good job on her inside for a long time, but when I first got her she was filthy inside...tidy, but filthy.  I know that it will be easier this time than last.  It will make her feel even more proud of herself than she already is.  Have enough faith in her to know that I won't turn her into a stuck up bimbo.

I looked again at my stuck door.  I don't think that I can get that latch to retract even if I take the door off it's hinges and wack the bolt with a hammer.  If I were to try and fail I would end up having to stick the door back on it's hinges which I have done myself before but isn't a piece of cake.  To try and fail would be a huge irritation to me.  It's Thanksgiving.  I don't want frustration on Thanksgiving.  I shall wait for Mr. Sharp.  He can do everything and will cost less than a locksmith because he will already have my fence fixing job to work on while he's here.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

We finally drifted back home. Full, happy, and tired..it's been a busy day....yup...

Grandkids flew all over the place, playing, giggling, and an occasional argument...they're getting a little older now....youngest, Pagie, is about 5....and she is just like one of the boys...LOL....she romps with the best of them, and not a whimper..... she's cute, smart, and tough....she'll go far in life...the boys are brainy too..little minds challenging each other....what a clan.....

Home.....it's so nice and quiet....LOL....but their laughter is still echoing in our heads..... ;D
Jon

Rjb3

We're just getting starting here. Our daughter Shannon and her boyfriend Adam have just arrived.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 26, 2015, 03:43:26 PM
We finally drifted back home. Full, happy, and tired..it's been a busy day....yup...

...Pagie, is about 5....and she is just like one of the boys...LOL....she romps with the best of them, and not a whimper..... she's cute, smart, and tough....she'll go far in life.... ;D

Reminds me of Barb, Liz and Pauline. All of them...cute, smart, and tough!

Wasn't on here yesterday much, so I'll be catching up today.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed their families/friends.

We put together 2 jigsaw puzzles and ate a LOT of turkey, dressing, and noodles! All is good!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron