• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:38:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 635
Total: 635

Wednesday's fine coffee....

Started by Mugwump, November 25, 2015, 06:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...MMMmmmm....what good cup of coffee  8)  slept in this morn'n, just rolled over and pulled 'em up.....ZZzzzzzzzzz

We'll likely hit the 40's today, mid 50's tomorrow....but rain later today and lasting maybe til Friday ?  messy weather for sure with all the snow melting, etal......

more putz'n today...I need to go get more sediment/carbon filters for my tub refill system...then I'll , of course, find the one's that I know that I should have down there......always works that way, eh?....sheesh...

and now ?....more coffee  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Cold here this morning--27...but clear skies. Should get to about 43 today.

We're debating whether to decorate inside for Christmas this year. House is still a mess as we are moving on with our follow-thru projects.

Miss Lucy is not happy with the counter top. The 5 x 8 sample piece of the design isn't at all representative of the final piece. Final installed piece is WAY too splotchy and busy. Had the salesman, then the company owner out yesterday to talk about it. Both were nice but we're at a stalemate. Don't know how it's going to be resolved at the moment. Lucy has the decorator's eye and I usually go along with what she proposes, but honestly, if I'd seen the new sample piece they brought with them yesterday to compare to the original one we have, I would have told Lucy I didn't like it.

Oh well. I'll at least hook up the DW and one side of the sink so we have water in the kitchen today!

50 years from now it won't matter! So I'm not going to worry about it.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 25, 2015, 11:18:17 AM

We're debating whether to decorate inside for Christmas this year. House is still a mess as we are moving on with our follow-thru projects.

Miss Lucy is not happy with the counter top. The 5 x 8 sample piece of the design isn't at all representative of the final piece. Final installed piece is WAY too splotchy and busy. Had the salesman, then the company owner out yesterday to talk about it. Both were nice but we're at a stalemate. Don't know how it's going to be resolved at the moment. Lucy has the decorator's eye and I usually go along with what she proposes, but honestly, if I'd seen the new sample piece they brought with them yesterday to compare to the original one we have, I would have told Lucy I didn't like it.

Oh well. I'll at least hook up the DW and one side of the sink so we have water in the kitchen today!

..when it comes to patterns and colors, well....functional is all I need for a counter top,etc ... ;D...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yes it was a great pot of coffee this morning. Had a lot of running around to do today before I get on the road in the am. RAV4 is loaded up and ready to go now. I will now go putz around in the fishroom for a bit. Will probably retire early tonight so I can get a jump start on the traffic in the morning. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 25, 2015, 11:58:31 AM
Yes it was a great pot of coffee this morning. Had a lot of running around to do today before I get on the road in the am. RAV4 is loaded up and ready to go now. I will now go putz around in the fishroom for a bit. Will probably retire early tonight so I can get a jump start on the traffic in the morning. |^| |^| |^|

Drive careful, my friend....it's not going to be pretty....starting early is a wonderful idea... |^|..you can always squeeze in a nap.. 8)

I got most the running done...filters changed out too....one more brief trip then in for the day... w!w |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 25, 2015, 11:54:45 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on November 25, 2015, 11:18:17 AM

..when it comes to patterns and colors, well....functional is all I need for a counter top,etc ... ;D...

Ditto, however she has the keen decorator's eye and imagination! It's a little less obnoxious to her today. We are going to look at some alternatives this afternoon though. I hope that by changing our paint color in the kitchen it will all come together better for her; and thereby, for me too!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You have to trust the person with the eye.  I hope that changing the paint color will work for her.  Otherwise she will always be dissatisfied.  Trust me...you don't want that ;)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Yes, Barb, how well I know that...!!!!

We bought sample paint yesterday....it's a greise color....a mix of grey and beige...applied to several sections of the kitchen wall in the late afternoon.  We'll see what it looks like in the natural light today. Also found a great smokey grey subway tile to go behind the drop-in stove top.  Yesterday they were really looking good.  If they still look good today I think we've rounded the corner of this one!  |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron