• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 502
Total: 502

Tuesday's hot coffee...

Started by Mugwump, November 24, 2015, 06:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...what a great cup of coffee...MMMmmmm....mid 20's out...foggy??...and calling for rains for Thanksgiving...I hope it gets a little warmer, we don't need an ice storm.

..Russ our mechanic should have the Tahoe ready later this morn'n....he's replacing a front wheel bearing....I'd rather drive that up for the feast than our Blazer...yup

..fish room putz'n this morning, HOT mag's to clean and squeezing out some sponges....fry water changes too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yes a great cup this morning. It's going up to the 50s this afternoon and we are still on track for the 60s on Thanksgiving. Hopefully no rain. I have some driving to do. Going down to DC for the holiday. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Second Hand Pat

Hmmm, still on first cup. Late morning for me. Max has new four all around with an oil change so is ready for my sister to use and drive over to our parents house on Friday. She coming for T-day  ;D with her boyfriend...wonder if there is an upcoming announcement.

Weather appears to be sunny for the rest of the week with temp in the mid to upper 70s.
Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Mugwump

Pot #2....MMMmmmmmm.....almost forgot, I have a guy coming to pick up 60 fish early this afternoon..... |^|.....tank space..YES !!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 24, 2015, 08:33:39 AM
Pot #2....MMMmmmmmm.....almost forgot, I have a guy coming to pick up 60 fish early this afternoon..... |^|.....tank space..YES !!

That's a very nice sale. |^| |^| |^| I am actually putting my pairs back to work. Inventory is getting low here. I have the Plat pair and the Koi pair setup. I am thinking of setting up the Mana X again. I have the tank set up already. I made some more space in the fishroom yesterday so as soon as I need the additional growout space two 55s will go up in the space that I made. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 24, 2015, 08:58:21 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 24, 2015, 08:33:39 AM

That's a very nice sale. |^| |^| |^| I am actually putting my pairs back to work. Inventory is getting low here. I have the Plat pair and the Koi pair setup. I am thinking of setting up the Mana X again. I have the tank set up already. I made some more space in the fishroom yesterday so as soon as I need the additional growout space two 55s will go up in the space that I made. |^| |^| |^|

Yes, I need the space but also it will help put a dent(pun intended) in the bill for the Tahoe's needed repairs, etc. When I get it back later, it'll be good for a bunch more miles....the bodies in very,very good shape...brake's are good, skins good, motor purrs.... |^|...just a needed few maintenance punch ups... but nothings cheap now days....but had to do it...
Jon

Second Hand Pat

Quotebut nothings cheap now days

Aint't that the truth  ::)
Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Mugwump

So the fish are gone now, I picked up the Tahoe, did a bunch of big water changes, did a huge load of wash, folded and put away....went and got dog food..and whatever in between.........I'm done for the day....made a fresh pot of coffee...grabbed a big cup.....MMMmmmmm...AAaaaHHhhhhhh....shoes are off too.. |^| 

..now where were we  huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

Charlotte will want me to tell her what you had done to the Tahoe. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 24, 2015, 03:56:06 PM
Charlotte will want me to tell her what you had done to the Tahoe.

Front wheel bearings....what a difference.....only one made a little noise tho....but when you'd spin the other you knew it wasn't good either..
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thanks.  She will be pleased to hear it.  She is a truck so her areas of greatest are different from mine,
Always move forward. Never look back.