• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 01:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 632
Total: 632

Sunday morn'n coffee...

Started by Mugwump, November 22, 2015, 06:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I would have waited until I turned 66.  I could have made do with little money for another year but I really wanted the medicare.  Mississippi didn't expand Medicaid because my state is virulently right wing.  I haven't had health insurance for over 12 years.  I went to the doctor just once in that time when I saw something that wasn't right.  My family Dr. is a good guy.  He picks up on subtleties better than I do, which is saying something.  The time I went he brought up my smoking and drinking but when I don't him that I was not ready to address those things he concentrated on my big concern and found the least expensive solution.  (still cost $1500. of the hard earned that I'd saved).

Now, with Medicare A, B & D and a supplement everything will be free out of the SS check.  Barb will nag me to get a full going over.  I have never even had my boobs squished and examined.  I haven't been to the lady's parts Dr since I was 40.  I've had a colonoscopy but I still have a bad feeling about my guts.  I no longer have desire to eat.  Something ain't right.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz  :), so when is your check up date?  Now that you have your card, get going girl.  Get that supplement asap.  You will be bombarded with supplement offers soon, in the mail.  I have gotten about 50 in the last month.  I will call and nag you soon, you can count on it  :)
Barb

LizStreithorst

Thank you Barb.  You are a good nagger when it comes to making me do the stuff that I would otherwise choose not to do.

Ron Sower

Barb, you don't need me to nag, so I won't. I'm just going to point out that you should be doing it!!!!!! Get that checkup...!

Now see? That wasn't nagging, was it?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 22, 2015, 01:57:07 PM
Barb, you don't need me to nag, so I won't. I'm just going to point out that you should be doing it!!!!!! Get that checkup...!

That was second hand nagging, Hun.  Barb will nag me into doing what I should do.  She's good at nagging me to do what is best for me.   I tell her that I'm a huge PITA but she tells me back that I'm a piece of cake.  I guess it's because she cares for me and has a better head on her shoulders for practical stuff than I have.  She has more stressful stuff on her, for sure.  She is a giving type of person.  I am lucky to have her as a friend.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 22, 2015, 10:29:11 AM
It would be easier if we knew when we were going to die so that we could spend it all up before that day arrived.  Alas, that's not the way it works.

Great point Liz.  I remember talking to my Dad when he was in his early 70's about that very topic.  He was saying he'd really like something, I can't even remember what it was now, but I said, "You've got a good bit in the bank, if that's what you really want why do you just go get it?"  His reply was just what you mention Liz, "I don't know how much longer I'll be around and might need it later."  I don't remember him ever doing without, but he did live another 20+ years.....

Dennis

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 22, 2015, 08:14:44 AM
Did you see John Patakos ? or Mark Huffman there?....Mark's the plant guy...

I did see Mark.  He was selling out of his room and at the swap.  I don't know John.....  I asked him where he'd be, but never heard back.....  would have been nice to meet in person.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Shame you didn't meet John.  I like him.

Barb

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 22, 2015, 02:33:19 PM

That was second hand nagging, Hun.  Barb will nag me into doing what I should do.  She's good at nagging me to do what is best for me.   I tell her that I'm a huge PITA but she tells me back that I'm a piece of cake.  I guess it's because she cares for me and has a better head on her shoulders for practical stuff than I have.  She has more stressful stuff on her, for sure.  She is a giving type of person.  I am lucky to have her as a friend.

Thanks Liz, I am always there for my friends.  You are right, you are a piece of cake compared to other problems I am dealing with these days.  You know all about it...\
barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on November 22, 2015, 05:42:16 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 22, 2015, 02:33:19 PM

Thanks Liz, I am always there for my friends.  You are right, you are a piece of cake compared to other problems I am dealing with these days.  You know all about it...\
barb

Second hand nagging...That's a good one!!!  ;) ;) ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron