• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 01:28:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 516
Total: 517

Poor Bill LOL

Started by BallAquatics, November 20, 2016, 11:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Not sure what that's got to do with "Poor Bill"  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

It has nothing to do with poor Bill.  It is offensive and should be removed. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 21, 2016, 09:04:13 AM
It has nothing to do with poor Bill.  It is offensive and should be removed.

Good idea Liz.  It's gone.

Dennis

Mugwump

Keyboards, nationwide are indignant at...

...the usurping of the noble name of their "alt" key right of their space-bar.

This "subliminal propagandizing" is the same tactic used by other terrorists; attaching or associating everyday commonalities with their name, date of crime, etc.

To be technically and grammatically correct, the group in question should be referred to as the "alt-white". Better yet that there be no such entity in the first place, thus saving names and labels for their truly and righteously appointed functions.

Thankfully, those at the opposite end of the political scale have, for the most part, restrained themselves from hijacking the name of "Ctrl-Left".

The Keyboard Party considers itself to be politically neutral, and swears functional allegiance only to our owners and users.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't want to take a long vacation from this forum but I can see it coming if this doesn't stop NOW!

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 24, 2016, 06:07:29 PM
I don't want to take a long vacation from this forum but I can see it coming if this doesn't stop NOW!

please chill.....that was a funny little thing.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

It was funny with an edge that cuts a bit too close to the bone these days.  Poor Bill was funny without a divisive political overtone. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 24, 2016, 06:32:22 PM
It was funny with an edge that cuts a bit too close to the bone these days.  Poor Bill was funny without a divisive political overtone.

...but it poked fun at both sides..... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

So it did.  That doesn't make it any less political.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 24, 2016, 06:50:31 PM
So it did.  That doesn't make it any less political.

.....as long as it's a 'gently' used thread, it'll quickly get less and less use as the hype wanes.....if it gets harsh.....zapperooooooo...we don't need another like the last fiasco.......
Jon

LizStreithorst

Not all of our members can use threads gently.  I am a case in point when it comes to the subject of anything smacking of politics.  There should be none of that here.  It would make it so much easier to be one big happy family.  I know the political leanings of 'most all our active members.  I don't want to know that.

The rules here state that there should be no discussion about religion, am I not correct?  Why then should reference to politics be tolerated?  Beliefs are beliefs.

Mugwump

Then I would say if everyone is against it....we shall remove it....how's that
Jon