• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 02:22:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 518
Total: 519

Water pressure is low

Started by LizStreithorst, August 17, 2016, 07:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's not just me.  It's everyone around here.  I called my good neighbor and she told me.  There must be a big leak in the mains somewhere in Southwest Jones county.  At least we still have some water, although I did turn off the RO because it didn't have enough pressure to work.  I hope the water company finds it and fixes it soon.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 17, 2016, 07:49:16 PM
It's not just me.  It's everyone around here.  I called my good neighbor and she told me.  There must be a big leak in the mains somewhere in Southwest Jones county.  At least we still have some water, although I did turn off the RO because it didn't have enough pressure to work.  I hope the water company finds it and fixes it soon.

..they do make water pumps for RO units that need a bump in home water pressure......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yes.  I actually have one.  I'll see if I can remember how to hook it up.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 17, 2016, 08:15:21 PM
Yes.  I actually have one.  I'll see if I can remember how to hook it up.

|^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

My booster pump is always plumbed into the line even though I don't use it very much. I just plug it in when I want faster water.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Thanks Muggers :-* :-* :-*  I did it and it worked!  The dang thing is ancient but it worked.  The pressure was almost too high so I turned the faucet down some.

I do fine without the booster when everything is working with the water company which is always except once before and once now.  I can use my little  RO waste mixed with tap for adults and grow outs.  I only need 1/3 RO to 2/3 tap for my pairs.

wallace

Liz, does your pump have the electric hi-pressure shut-off switch? I got one but haven't hooked it up yet, instead I have been setting a timer after estimating when the barrel should fill up. Its either bad for the pump to work against a closed float valve... or it will flood maybe, I can't remember which.
Dan

BillT

QuoteIts either bad for the pump to work against a closed float valve... or it will flood maybe, I can't remember which.
It is usually bad for a pump to work against a closed valve.

You could use a float switch to turn off the pump when the water is to the right  height.

wallace

I think the 'normally-closed' float switch I'm getting for the solenoid valve will be shutting off the pump as well, if I wire it that way.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Mine doesn't.  I generally can make enough RO for overnight.  Sometimes I have to make myself wake up to go down and turn the RO off because I don't have a float valve on the containers.

BTW, water pressure is back this morning.

Mugwump

Nice....wonder what caused the low pressure?
Jon

LizStreithorst

Must have been a break in a big pipe.  We're under a boil water advisory.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 18, 2016, 07:36:54 AM
Must have been a break in a big pipe.  We're under a boil water advisory.

..getting lots of micro bubbles?
Jon

LizStreithorst

I don't get micro bubbles because I age my water.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 18, 2016, 02:14:13 PM
I don't get micro bubbles because I age my water.

....no, out of your tap water....
Jon