• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 11:15:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 535
Total: 535

Thinking about one of these, to help grow em BIG

Started by EdKaz, June 12, 2014, 06:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..might work if you put some light colored gravel, or sand, on the bottom ? ...epoxy a big clip to hold a heater(s)....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

Not sure I would need any light bottom material......the color of the thing looks pretty light in the picture.....

They dont have any in Ottawas F and F, so Ill have to take a ride to either Oswego/Montgomery or Dekalb to get a look at one anytime soon >:(

Epoxy a few clips might be an idea.......I WAS thinking of just laying a couple pieces of slate or even smooth ceramic floor tile on the bottom to set the heaters/heater suction cup holder ma bobs on.

Mugwump

The reason that I suggested epoxy, or caulk, is because if the heater cord gets bumped/jostled around it could lay on the tub surface without you realizing it.....zip tie it to a 'J' hook over the side might work too??...

You may be right about the light colored tank....you'll know when you pop the fish in....but for the PB's.....Hmmmm....???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

Lori and did this same thing but we got a 100 gallon feeding troft fro the farm and fleet store.  We just used the heater suction cups and a small fountain bump to circulate the water, also added 4 seeded sponge filters to it....  Worked great for us...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Say Ed, have you asked your local F & F to have one shipped down to that store from another location?.....they just might..???....easier than hauling that big thing....
Jon

EdKaz

Yeah I did............TYPICALLY  and usually on smaller items they have done that in the past for me.

When I asked about this item, they said anywhere from 3-4 weeks to get one to this store.

Mary and I will likely head out to Oswego this afternoon when she gets home......I want to get a look at what color, or how dark/light it ACTUALLY is anyway.

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on June 13, 2014, 02:05:13 PM
Yeah I did............TYPICALLY  and usually on smaller items they have done that in the past for me.

When I asked about this item, they said anywhere from 3-4 weeks to get one to this store.

Mary and I will likely head out to Oswego this afternoon when she gets home......I want to get a look at what color, or how dark/light it ACTUALLY is anyway.

Cool....LOL..but in that car, you won't be bringing one home....LOL ;D
Jon

EdKaz

No, not IN her car........but I have LOTS of rope ;)

Besides,  I traded the son my Hummer for his truck for a few days :)

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on June 13, 2014, 02:40:02 PM
No, not IN her car........but I have LOTS of rope ;)

Besides,  I traded the son my Hummer for his truck for a few days :)

A ha......I love it when a plan comes together  ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I don't think that you will need any substrate at all. 

I never bother with suction cups for heaters.  I just lay them on the bottom.  I've never had one burn a plastic container.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 13, 2014, 04:16:16 PM
I don't think that you will need any substrate at all. 

I never bother with suction cups for heaters.  I just lay them on the bottom.  I've never had one burn a plastic container.

yet???  ;D.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

It will only happen if the container is siphoned dry and the heater is left unplugged. unplugged.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 13, 2014, 05:44:24 PM
It will only happen if the container is siphoned dry and the heater is left unplugged. unplugged.

you mean plugged in, right?    ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst