• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 03:19:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 529
Total: 529

Enjoy the 4th...

Started by Mugwump, July 04, 2017, 07:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Ah, Luke, you have the fourth with you always...enjoy!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I've enjoyed mine.  Got the other half gallon paint on the chicken house.  Pick up another gallon tomorrow.  I hope the sunny weather holds. Other than that, just sitting around or doing fish stuff. 

Oh, Last night I slept outside.  I used to do that a couple of times every summer but haven't done it in years.  It's fun to see the first dog to figure out that I'm not coming to bed and that if they want to sleep with me they will have to find me.  Bruno was first.  The outside sounds are so much more intense when your not cooped up in a room.  The sky and all it's twinkling stars is a total joy to open your eyes to.  I woke up shortly after the chickens and mosquitos.  They both wake up at the same time.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 04, 2017, 02:29:03 PM
I've enjoyed mine.  Got the other half gallon paint on the chicken house.  Pick up another gallon tomorrow.  I hope the sunny weather holds. Other than that, just sitting around or doing fish stuff. 

Oh, Last night I slept outside.  I used to do that a couple of times every summer but haven't done it in years.  It's fun to see the first dog to figure out that I'm not coming to bed and that if they want to sleep with me they will have to find me.  Bruno was first.  The outside sounds are so much more intense when your not cooped up in a room.  The sky and all it's twinkling stars is a total joy to open your eyes to.  I woke up shortly after the chickens and mosquitos.  They both wake up at the same time.

..haven't slept out in years.....enjoyable to do, in the right place.....I'd want a hammock tho... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The grass is tall.  The ground is still soft from the rain.  I took a quilt, folded in half and put it on the ground and was comfortable all night long.  I've tried sleeping in a hammock.  Makes my back hurt.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 04, 2017, 02:58:34 PM
The grass is tall.  The ground is still soft from the rain.  I took a quilt, folded in half and put it on the ground and was comfortable all night long.  I've tried sleeping in a hammock.  Makes my back hurt.

....wrong hammock......you need one that wraps you up like a cocoon.....'poifect'...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Post a link so I can see what you say I would like, please.

LizStreithorst

I think I'll stick with the ground.  I'm happy with it.

wallace

I have never been able to lay in a hammock. The shape is wrong.

When we jacked up the house, all four of us slept on the front lawn for a month while digging the footing. The kids were 8 and 10, and they went up a ladder when they wanted something from the house. It was fun.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on July 04, 2017, 05:22:33 PM
I have never been able to lay in a hammock. The shape is wrong.

When we jacked up the house, all four of us slept on the front lawn for a month while digging the footing. The kids were 8 and 10, and they went up a ladder when they wanted something from the house. It was fun.

....the nylon hammocks conform with your body.......very comfortable....even on your side.... |^|
Jon