• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:42:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 771
Total: 771

Mom's House

Started by JR, April 21, 2014, 06:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Your so right Liz. When dad passed we had to make sure mom was ok. It was hard but this was the hardest thing i have ever done. I was alone most of the time. One second I would be laughing my butt off and the next second I would be crying my eyes out.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

I'll tell you a story...Way back before my husband died, an older married couple were diving down the highway when a big tree fell on the passenger area and killed them instantly.  Everyone thought that it was the most terrible tragedy.  I thought they were the luckiest people in the world.  They got to die together in in instant.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 08, 2014, 06:50:30 PM
When my husband died I cleaned out his stuff the same weekend.  I couldn't stand to see his stuff that only reminded me that he was no longer here.  I worked the day after he died.  What else was I to do, sit around and cry and be worthless?  At work I got to put on my work personality and shove the death to the back of my mind. 

Everyone does differently.  One thing for sure.  The death of someone close to you is no walk in the park.

I certainly agree with that Liz.  My Dad died last September.  I want only my memories of him. My sister wears a little vial on a chain with his ashes. I can't do that.

JR...my heart goes out to you.  It's such an emotional roller coaster......
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)