• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 02:52:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 633
Total: 633

Some Angel Pix

Started by PaulineMi, May 03, 2014, 01:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Here are some pictures of my Dantum, Mugwump and Carol angels:

Dantum

Mugwump's Rio Negro/Sta Isabel (pictures don't do these beauties justice)

Queen Bee Female...she runs the show in the tank

Big Male Tank Boss, ventral gone from a squabble he won with the 2 yr old Peruvian cross male

Angels from Carol, a Florida breeder

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Pauline, I just realized why I don't particularly care for white angels.  Until I saw this one...which I think is beautiful!!!....I think all I've ever seen or noticed, were those with ''blushing'' opercula and albinoid red eyes and they have just never appealed to me. I always thought they were wimpy looking.

Now there are those of you here, I'm sure, that do not share my opinion...and that's alright..!  :) Developing beautiful fish is an art, and the beauty of the subject lies within the eyes and paradigms of the beholder. And this beholder faults no one for their own paradigms of beauty.

BUT I DO THINK THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL FISH WITH ITS BLACK EYES AND OPAQUE OPERCULA..!!!
THUMBS UP FROM ME, PAULINE! AND THANKS FOR POSTING THE PHOTOS!

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 03, 2014, 01:40:08 PM
Here are some pictures of my Dantum, Mugwump and Carol angels:
[/URL]
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Thanks Ron.  I'm glad you like this angel. It's in my tank of "fancy angels" and always catches my eye. It's like it seems to show off at the front of the tank...sometimes just suspended mid tank with a "look at me" air about it.

I kind of know where you're coming from as I've never liked albinos.....even though I have a group of them now.  ::)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

EdKaz

Nice fish.
Good Job on the pictures

wsantia1

Great looking fish and pictures Pauline.  That Plat is very striking.  I'm very fond of Plats and i just got rid of about 100 that I was growing out before I had to move. ::)  When I grow up I want to be able to take pictures like you. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 03, 2014, 05:20:41 PM
Great looking fish and pictures Pauline.  That Plat is very striking.  I'm very fond of Plats and i just got rid of about 100 that I was growing out before I had to move. ::)  When I grow up I want to be able to take pictures like you. ;D

LOL..me too Willie, those are great pics  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Thank you all.  :)

Jon, you have a gorgeous picture on this month's page of the angelfish calendar. It's of a uniquely marked angel that would be a plat except for a black streak in its tail. An added bonus is that it's fry are swimming around it. Beautiful angel.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 03, 2014, 06:15:54 PM
Thank you all.  :)

Jon, you have a gorgeous picture on this month's page of the angelfish calendar. It's of a uniquely marked angel that would be a plat except for a black streak in its tail. An added bonus is that it's fry are swimming around it. Beautiful angel.

Thank you, he's still with us too  ;D I have him paired with a Smokey veil 'het' for PB....we'll see if he's still got it in him?.....I'd love to get those fry.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ps....likely my best pic ever....LOL....there aren't many ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

So I was just looking at some of Aron's angel photos.....some very nice plats that I've probably seen at his house  ::) and missed because I mentally wrote them off as albinos and therefore didn't pay the attention to them that I should have.  :( Anyway....he's got some nice ones too!

How come  you didn't fuss at me Aron???!!! :o
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

They are some beautiful angels Pauline. I think the plat is the best pic out of them. It's looks nice with the black background.
Scott

Barb

Pauline your angels are gorgeous and your picture taking skills are great!
Barb

PaulineMi

Thank you Scott and Barb.  I feel lucky to have such lovely subjects.   :)