• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 02:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 789
Total: 790

Taking down more tanks

Started by Ron Sower, August 23, 2014, 11:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Let's see now. Prior to our last foray to RV-Land, I'd sold both of my 54g corner tanks and had distributed my community fish to several smaller tanks and treated with Levamisole for cammalamus worms.  I had set up a 20g for some of the fish. using aged tank water.  The Levamisole was working within hours. I did a water change the day I left and treated again. The group in the 20g all died within a couple days. Probably due to ammonia from the dead worms and an un-cycled filter. That was a disappointment and stupid on my part.

I'm going to take the 20g down today and bleach it just in case there was a bacterium, virus or fungus that knocked them all out.

I still havent located a 100-125 setup with canopy and stand to replace the 2-54's with. But I keep looking. Craigslist entries all look alike now.!!! One of the club members has a 100g acrylic that would suit the location, but I'm a bit hesitant to get an acrylic tank due to the ease of scratching it up.  Anybody have any pointers on that?

Anyway, we'll see how this downsizing works for the winter months!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I'd leave some extra space open for the winter months.... ;D...you'll need it... ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I know it'll hit me again!  Actually it already has!  Yesterday I finished a big project of staining the new deck. Now I move on to things like cleaning out and re-organizing my workshop/shed. I'm thinking about maybe a rack for 3-5 - 20g's that I can keep some native fish in. It's not heated.....  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron