• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 09:41:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 749
Total: 749

Whatcha reading lately??

Started by Mugwump, May 30, 2014, 08:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...just finished the 'Counsel to the President' , the memoirs of Clark Clifford....now I just started the biography of Lenny Bruce....whoa, what a character he was.... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm reading The Man Who Loved Dogs.  It's a translation and not really about dogs.  It's written by a Cuban guy and so far is about Trotsky.  Beautiful writing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

The Striker by Clive Cussler.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 31, 2014, 07:08:51 AM
I read that site too. ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D......first thing that I do in the morning... ;D...er, after getting coffee that is...LOL
Jon

b125killer

I just got done with Steven Kings under the dome. I might read Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy next.
Scott

ilroost

I read J.R. Roberts series "The Gunsmith". And just about any other westerns i can get my hand on

BallAquatics

Re-reading "Silent Spring".  Next up is Lynda La Plante's "The Red Dahlia".  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/839826.The_Red_Dahlia

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on May 31, 2014, 09:59:11 PM
I read J.R. Roberts series "The Gunsmith". And just about any other westerns i can get my hand on

My Dad used to read 'westerns' too....a la Luke Short, etc....it seemed we had paper backs by the thousands of westerns on the closet book shelf.. ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

A lot of Stuart Woods this summer. Stone Barrington...super suave!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Just finished Michelle Knight's book about her experiences being locked up in Ariel Castro's house for all those years.  What an incredibly strong woman.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

Several little books on using and connecting sensors to Raspberry Pi (a small Linux computer about as smart as a dim cell phone).

Also a cool article on how a species genome changes as it evolves into two separate species in the same area (http://news.sciencemag.org/environment/2014/08/disputed-islands).

Mugwump

..re-reading James A Michener's 'Space'.....a wonderful read.....
Jon