• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 02:08:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 744
Total: 744

stairway to heaven....

Started by Mugwump, April 17, 2017, 07:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Wow, I wonder how they did that.

I had a book on making pyrotechnics when I was a kid (it was an old how to book, like from the 1930-50's).
It explained how things like different colors and starbursts and secondary bursts at the end of tracers from a primary burst, but I don't know how they make the rungs so well.
Or why they last so long.

Not normal stuff. Some trick is going on.

Mugwump

....I've watched it a few times now ....it is an amazing piece of work...how many total rockets?  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

I think they hang a ladder thing from a balloon, so the structure is already there.
Dan

waterboy

Quote from: wallace on April 18, 2017, 10:59:51 AM
I think they hang a ladder thing from a balloon, so the structure is already there.

I agree with the wizard. I think they floated it up with a balloon and then lit it off. A rope ladder structure soaked in gunpowder or fireworks powder.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

""Fact: the man that created this display is from China and had been working on this since 1994. He called it "Sky Ladder" while envisioning a stairway to heaven...regardless of what everyone thinks or believes it is or isn't. He was able to display it for his mother's 100th birthday. It is a 500m wire ladder attached to a weather balloon. The ladder was then covered in fireworks and gun powder. ""
Jon

BillT

Pretty cool fireworks.

Then there's this: