• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 08:49:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 554
Total: 554

Tuesday??????????

Started by Mugwump, August 05, 2014, 06:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....with Jan home now, I'm losing track of days... ;D....coffee's just superb this morning, so it'll come to me soon...LOL...yesterday was Sunday all day... :o... We're off to watch one of the grandkids later...tomorrow we're headed to the 'out-laws' to visit....for now, more coffee tho..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I see it beginning to happen......no free time when retired.    ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 05, 2014, 07:47:45 AM
I see it beginning to happen......no free time when retired.    ;D ;D ;D

LOL...we'll be gently applying the brakes here soon.....gotta have our time too. ya know  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

My Tuesday is going like this so far.... Carlos, my new yard helper, and I went to lowes to get 20 bags of mulch, cleaner and brushes. Going to get the front yard landscaping finished today, then he'll clean the underside of a 60' x 5' deck cover. Ugh..I hate overhead work. Totally racks my back. He has turned out to be a great handyman for the outdoor work for $15/hour and always jumps in to take the load to save my back. He says, ''That's my job!'' I tip him every day, and buy his lunch sometimes.  ;)

So now I can spend my time working on the offers I have coming in for my clients' home sales to pay for all this!!! And this is not back-breaking...!  ::)

And yes, Jon, sometimes I lose track of which day of the week it is too. Even though I'm semi-retired, people want to list and buy homes every day of the week, and a weekend is like any other day for us. So I watch for your daily postings here!  ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Oh...Yes. Forgot to mention that I may have found the aquarium that I'm gonna put in my den... I'm waiting for the lady to call to meet me at her house within the next hour.  I've never seen one like this before.   http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/for/4601212797.html
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 05, 2014, 04:34:27 PM
Oh...Yes. Forgot to mention that I may have found the aquarium that I'm gonna put in my den... I'm waiting for the lady to call to meet me at her house within the next hour.  I've never seen one like this before.   http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/for/4601212797.html

Bow front...nice.....the stand and canopy's may vary tho on some...is that chrome???
Jon

LizStreithorst

It look's like stainless steel to me.  It's nice and very unusual.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

You may be right, Liz...very unusual....and possibly very spot prone either way...???
Jon

LizStreithorst

ilroost

it say's tank is light so i'm thinking it is acrylic

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on August 05, 2014, 07:35:11 PM

I saw that too.....now I wonder if the canopy is plastic?..or something??....a metal top would be heavy....even a 'plated' wood top would have some heft to it....guess we'll have to wait til Ron sees it up close and personal ???
Jon

LizStreithorst

It looks to me like a sheet of stainless glued to what ever is behind it.  I don't think the seller said that the stand was light.  My impression was that the tank is light.  I think that if I were Ron I would look closely at the stand.  Stainless glued to plastic is fine if he can deal with the finger prints.  A good stand should be made of wood and weigh a bit. 

Mugwump

Stainless is fine as long as you clean it with warm water/mild soap....if you use a stainless cleaner, or some polish, then you make it maintenance issue...
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 05, 2014, 07:41:06 PM
Quote from: ilroost on August 05, 2014, 07:35:11 PM

I saw that too.....now I wonder if the canopy is plastic?..or something??....a metal top would be heavy....even a 'plated' wood top would have some heft to it....guess we'll have to wait til Ron sees it up close and personal ???

Saw it! It's a beautiful setup. It's not stainless we see there. It's a plastic canopy with a brushed stainless finish. Really nice and the lady has taken really good care of it. Acrylic, and I've said I'd never own a large acrylic tank, but I gave her a deposit and will get it in a week and a half when I get back from a vacation in Ducky! Not a scratch on the front or side panels.

I've never seen a setup like this one before.

I'll have a huenormous pleco (14-15'') to rehome. He's beautiful, but too big for my tastes.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron