• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 04:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 753
Total: 753

a dank Monday morn'n...

Started by Mugwump, October 17, 2016, 06:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Fine.  The Boxer you encountered as a kid is not characteristic of the breed.  Neither are GSD's supposed to be fear biters.  We are informed by our experience.  Considering your attitude  I'd be happy if you never saw another Boxer.  I will continue to judge each dog not by it's breed but by the content of it's character. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 17, 2016, 06:45:20 PM
Fine.  The Boxer you encountered as a kid is not characteristic of the breed.  Neither are GSD's supposed to be fear biters.  We are informed by our experience.  Considering your attitude  I'd be happy if you never saw another Boxer.  I will continue to judge each dog not by it's breed but by the content of it's character.

Well Liz you just do that.... 8).....you knew my response when you tossed boxer out there.. huh

GSD's can be fear biters sometimes if not socialized enough....imho..because they like to do the checking thing first before accepting a touch...a premature hasty move is crossing that fine as far as they are concerned....best to ignore them at first til they are comfortable with you.....of course, unless trained otherwise...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...still 79deg's here...humidity 64%, dew pt 65deg's.....yup, flipped the AC back on earlier....but it'll go off tomorrow when the temp's drop 20deg's to the mid 60's..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

If I get a Boxer, and I would love one because my number 1 dog is almost 12 years old, I guess you'll just have to deal with her pics and doings being posted all over the forum.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 17, 2016, 07:24:00 PM
If I get a Boxer, and I would love one because my number 1 dog is almost 12 years old, I guess you'll just have to deal with her pics and doings being posted all over the forum.

Liz...it's not a big deal......post em when ya get 'em, if ya want to.........are you getting a pup, I hope... huh    at least it'll stand a chance of being cute?...maybe?..... huh huh huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

I don't even know if I'll get a Boxer.  If I had my druthers I would prefer a young adult dog.  A puppy might outlive me and I worry what will become of my animals when I die.  It doesn't even have to be a Boxer.  It could any ole dog off the street or from the pound.  I keep hoping that the dog who tells me what I want to know with it's eyes will just come along.  It keeps not happening and Saint Puppy is old.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 17, 2016, 08:05:40 PM
I don't even know if I'll get a Boxer.  If I had my druthers I would prefer a young adult dog.  A puppy might outlive me and I worry what will become of my animals when I die.  It doesn't even have to be a Boxer.  It could any ole dog off the street or from the pound.  I keep hoping that the dog who tells me what I want to know with it's eyes will just come along.  It keeps not happening and Saint Puppy is old.

You're right.....most of our dogs have picked us somehow.....and like you, I look for the soft eyes....

Sadly as life has no guarantees, we figured that Sassy will be our last dog....besides, training a puppy later in life can be a real challenge...they are so demanding....

Do you have an animal rescue close by ??.....they do have some great dogs...
Jon