• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 10:59:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 522
Total: 522

Store surveys

Started by GraphicGr8s, September 28, 2015, 10:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

We all know what they are. You're asked to fill out a survey online and it has a series of questions with four possible answers. Extremely dissatisfied, dissatisfied, satisfied, Extremely satisfied.
Well the answers my vary a bit but those are the most common ones I've seen.
Now I shop at one grocery store in particular. Publix. The stores are always clean, the associates always courteous blah blah. So that would be my standard. On those surveys though I used to always put "satisfied". Face it there is always room for improvement.
That's what I used to do.
From my wife working in retail and they started using that type of survey I have learned that while it appears you have 4 choices in reality there is only a pass fail. See anything other than the extremely satisfied gets them points.
And I found out today returning a car to Enterprise that's the only answer that counts there too. And that seems to hold true for many other companies also. Advanced Auto Parts is the same also. My neighbor is a DM for them and he told me about that years ago.

So if you're waiting on line and there is only one cashier and you get the survey and mark anything but ES they go harass the front end people for low scores and will go so far as to threaten their jobs. Forget that the reason there is only one cashier because they have no payroll hours and the problem stems from middle management in their ivory towers.

So if you're waiting in line, when you go fill out that survey go for the Extremely satisfied. Anything else is a zero. Now if they are rude or unhelpful then sure. Give them a zero.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

I try to avoid survey's like the plague......unless, of course, it's to get $5 off on dog food.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

I have never seen surveys like this.
Seen them on line though.
Sounds like some stupid big business "motivating" thing.
Seems really dumb to throw out 1/2 of the data you collect.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on September 29, 2015, 03:56:10 AM
I have never seen surveys like this.
Seen them on line though.
Sounds like some stupid big business "motivating" thing.
Seems really dumb to throw out 1/2 of the data you collect.

It's all part of the evolved marketing approach....and yes, it's strange. It seems that counting only the exceptional, tho flawed imho too, gives them an easier trail to follow..... It should be used in rewarding the exception employee/occurrence, as it was likely intended...and used as a method to retrain weak performers...if management isn't interpreting the survey results properly, then it's management that needs to be retrained, or replaced.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wiggs

I had a clerk tell me tha,t when I did their survey on line to please give them all es because they didn`t count any other answer. I thought that was stupid also, but I liked everything about the store, so I did give them all high marks. Also if they ask for a short note about your experience in the store, make sure you only say positive things. If the people are total jecks then i will say that other wise the upper mangement will come down on them for not getting a perfect score.  2c2
Jan

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 29, 2015, 02:59:41 AM
I try to avoid survey's like the plague......unless, of course, it's to get $5 off on dog food.... ;D

+1 mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.