• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 09:31:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 755
Total: 755

TGIF Again

Started by wsantia1, September 22, 2023, 04:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I hope that you are all well today. I'm Ok, just getting ready for the tropical storm to get here tomorrow. I believe it will hit Barb today. Just to clarify, it is not a named tropical storm yet but it will have a name by the time it hits the coast.

For today, the current temp is 56 degrees and we will be getting up to a high of 72F this afternoon. It will be a typical fall day with overcast skies and 10 to 20 mph winds most of the day. The rain doesn't start rolling in until tonight.

Today I will be doing some light fishroom work and making a run to stack up on the munching supplies because with 6 inches of rain expected I probably won't be going out except for an emergency.

That's it for me for now. Barb, hopefully you don't get impacted too hard. Try to stay safe. I'll check in on you all later. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, the rain started here last night and has continued all day.  A bit of wind but not enough to concern me, yet.  I hear the worst is yet to come.  Atlantic Beach, 30 miles east of me, is really getting it.  A lot of sand is washing out to sea, always so sad, but you can't fight mother nature by replenishing the sand which is so costly and everybody knows it will eventually wash away again.  Sure glad I don't have a place at the beach!!!!! I will go next week to see how my favorite beach fared.  I was just there last week sitting at the shoreline.  With waves coming in over my feet.  Hope you don't get too much rain, maybe most of it will come down before it reaches you.  Take care,
Barb

Ron you LUCKY man!  Going to Hawaii again.  I was there once, long ago, sure would like to visit again.  We spent an afternoon in Lahaina.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on September 22, 2023, 04:13:58 PMHi Willie, the rain started here last night and has continued all day.  A bit of wind but not enough to concern me, yet.  I hear the worst is yet to come.  Atlantic Beach, 30 miles east of me, is really getting it.  A lot of sand is washing out to sea, always so sad, but you can't fight mother nature by replenishing the sand which is so costly and everybody knows it will eventually wash away again.  Sure glad I don't have a place at the beach!!!!! I will go next week to see how my favorite beach fared.  I was just there last week sitting at the shoreline.  With waves coming in over my feet.  Hope you don't get too much rain, maybe most of it will come down before it reaches you.  Take care,
Barb

Ron you LUCKY man!  Going to Hawaii again.  I was there once, long ago, sure would like to visit again.  We spent an afternoon in Lahaina.
.  Yes, Barb, I AM a lucky man, and I'm grateful!'
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron