• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 09:24:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 510
Total: 510

Stormy Saturday

Started by wsantia1, September 23, 2023, 06:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is a stormy day here as it is for most folks in the Mid-Atlantic area of the country. Our temp is currently at 58 degrees and will be getting up to a high of 65F by this afternoon. There is plenty of rain and we could get as much as 6 inches of rain before this is over. I heard that this storm may stick around until Monday.

Barb I see the eye of the storm is still in your neck of the woods and I hope it is not impacting you too badly. I am already getting hit with driving rain and 40 mph winds that will be around for a while.

Not much going on around here except for watching TV and playing in the fishroom. I have to be careful if I do any water changes because I am wary about my tap water. I'll test it before I attempt to do any.

I did stock up on plenty of junk food to keep me going while I am riding this out so my only big concern is taking Kobe out. I do have wee wee pads down on the floor in the laundry room but he doesn't really like to use them and may try to sneak a pee somewhere else. I have to be on the lookout for that.

Hopefully the rest of you will have a great dry day. I'll update my situation later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Yes the center came right over my city.  I am fine, no power loss, but just lots of rain and wind.  But my 6ft fence around my back yard and all the tall bushes and trees I planted have really helped block a lot of the wind.  By tonight it is to be gone, finally. It is very slow moving.  I think the beach I go to may have lost a lot of sand and maybe dunes.  I may go tomorrow to check it out.  Willie, hope you come through it just fine.  A tip I heard recently for dogs, during rain, storms, to get them to pee inside.  Get a child's plastic swimming pool, the 4ft one, fill it with grass sod, cut to fit it.  I would do some drainage holes.  Keep it outside in the sun, keep watered.  When it storms, drag it inside, a garage, porch, etc.  Now your dog has a natural place to go.  I thought it a good idea!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on September 23, 2023, 08:44:47 AMYes the center came right over my city.  I am fine, no power loss, but just lots of rain and wind.  But my 6ft fence around my back yard and all the tall bushes and trees I planted have really helped block a lot of the wind.  By tonight it is to be gone, finally. It is very slow moving.  I think the beach I go to may have lost a lot of sand and maybe dunes.  I may go tomorrow to check it out.  Willie, hope you come through it just fine.  A tip I heard recently for dogs, during rain, storms, to get them to pee inside.  Get a child's plastic swimming pool, the 4ft one, fill it with grass sod, cut to fit it.  I would do some drainage holes.  Keep it outside in the sun, keep watered.  When it storms, drag it inside, a garage, porch, etc.  Now your dog has a natural place to go.  I thought it a good idea!
Barb

That sounds like a great idea Barb. I'll try it. For now Kobe is doing fine. He went to the bathroom quickly both times (including 1 poop) that I took him out.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.