• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 10:40:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 848
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 748
Total: 748

Sunny and hot Saturday

Started by Barb, June 24, 2023, 06:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody, late in the day, just got home from all day out with a friend.  The rain finally ended for awhile, sure glad you got some Willie.  I think I got 10" over several days. I have messes to clean up outside, mainly washed out mulch all over.  A rake and broom will do it.  My arm is a bit better but still causing me trouble. 

Sorry about your discus Ron.  It happens.  Liz you do a lot and you know it lady.  Enjoy your garden.  You all have a good eve. and I will see you here tomorrow.  I have evening chores to do now since I was gone all day.  My pond is green but that keeps predators from seeing what is in there.  A bear climbed my neighbor's fence last night, across the street.  I saw a pic of the claw marks in the wood!!!!
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb and everyone. The rain finally stopped and we may be dry tomorrow. The humidity has also arrived so it was pretty steamy here today with the temps in the mid 80s

All is well in the fishroom but I have a lot of things going on so I only stayed down there long enough to feed the fish and do a late water change on the Discus tank. I say "late" because I like to do my WCs in the morning and I didn't get to the Discus tank until 3:00 pm.

Barb like you I have a lot of little messes that I have to deal with. I have mulch all over the place and a bunch of dead holly leaves that I have to get out of the flower bed because I when I trimmed my Holly bushes last week I was too lazy the rake out the mess that I left behind and then the rain came. If I thought it was a mess then, it is really a mess now.

That's all I have for now but I'll check in earlier tomorrow.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Ron, I must not have seen that you lost 2 Discus.  What a shame.  If you would like me to help you get them back in shape, I'd be more than willing to.  The thing about Discus is that you have no choice but to bow to their demands.  If you do that, they're easy to keep healthy and happy.

Barb, 10"!!!!  OMG, that's a ton of rain in a short period of time.  I bet your overjoyed to see the sun!  It's another sunny one, here.  Hotter than it has been though.  I had all 3 AC's running this today. and will tomorrow, as well.  I'll have to close the dogs inside tonight.  I hope I have no accidents.  Big Head must have peed in bed in his sleep last night.  It's one of those expensive memory foam beds but it was worth the money.  It was make with thought.  Water wicking fabric on top with a water resistant lining and the foam itself covered  with water resistant plastic.  It's all washed and dried now.

Yesterday was a terrible back day.  Today I decided to task more but still 1/2 a pill under the dose I was prescribed.  The back is still terrible, but I've forced myself.  It wasn't much, but I pulled out the dishwasher again, and fixed it right this time, cooked a delicious but simple lunch of roasted garlic butter chicken thighs with the best recipe for Mexican rice I've had since I was in Mexico.  All the veggies in it it, garlic, garlic, onion, pureed tomatoes, Jalapeno pepper and banana pepper came from my little cardboard hobby garden.

I still haven't been out there to play...maybe tomorrow if I decide not to suck it up and do housework again, instead.

Ron, busy man with too many things on his must do list.  It's your turn now.  What's going on with you?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi folks!...it's still Saturday here, so I'm good for todays posts! :D

Busy day again... I had some certified receipt return letters I needed to get out this morning, which took a while.... The first post office I went to was closed today and as I looked at the signage on the door, it's closed every Saturday...! I guess this is the first time I've been there on a Saturday.... So I went onto the next one, and got it all done there...

I got home in time to go with Lucie to play bunco at the clubhouse with about 18 people... It was fun it's been a while since I've played the game, but it came back quick... My buddy Mike brought me a bunch of fish and shrimp after that... Then we went out to get some dinner at one of our favorite hamburger places...

I've been acclimating the new fish and shrimp the rest of this evening and by tomorrow morning, they'll be ready to go into their tanks....

Liz, I have not posted about losing a Discus because, well, I'm embarrassed!... But like Barb says, it happens... I appreciate your offer to help me, but I just don't have the time to do all the water changes necessary, plus I just cannot get the water in the tank to clear up... It's just been a light white cloud for months...

We have heat here, but no rain so far, and we have started into what is typically the monsoon season... I know when they finally come there will be some toad, stranglers and gully washers... my sister in the Richmond, Virginia area has been texting me about all the rain and cloudy days they're having there, too...

A bear in your neighborhood, Barb?... Wow!... A man in this area was killed recently by a bear in an unprovoked attack... He was working on clearing land, where he is, I mean, was going to build a house... He was staying on the property in his camper... Autopsy of the bear showed nothing unusual disease, wise or any other anomalies... It's a real shame...

I hope you guys are getting a good sleep tonight and have a great day tomorrow... I'll check in sometime tomorrow... Good night all...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron