• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 07:44:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 535
Total: 535

Still Wet Friday

Started by wsantia1, June 23, 2023, 07:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. We are forecasted to get plenty of shower activity with occasional Thorms throughout the day. The temps will get up to a high of 79 degrees which is about 10 degrees warmer than in the last few days.

One good note is that after a couple of days of moderate rainfall my grass is showing signs of waking up. I can see more green grass than brown grass so I take that as progress.

I failed in my fishroom work yesterday. I started out strong but after breakfast I just didn't feel it anymore and dragged my butt round all day. I think it was a combination of only 4 hours sleep and the cloudy/rainy weather all day. I will try to do better today because last night I got 6 hours of sleep.

Liz, I still left a few tanks in place with water in case I need them for growouts, quarantine, etc... I'm hoping that I don't need them but I'll be happy to fill them up with Discus fry. mim mim mim

Wishing you all great day and I'll check in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, I, and all the folks at Simply will do everything we can to help you breed your pair and raise up their babies.  There is more and more demand these days for good domestically bred Discus

I'm happy that I was able to send all my rain up to y'all in northeast of me who were suffering so.  No rain again for me today :) 

There is nothing I absolutely have to do today except for normal chores.  I may play in the garden a bit.  I have some purple pod beans I have to plant next to the corn plants that are tall enough, and some marigolds that I'd like to find a place for.  I feel so mellow when I'm in my garden.

Of course, if I were a good person I'd pull the dishwasher out and connect the drain hose more securely, and get the clothes washer working on the normal washing cycle.  But I'm not usually a good person.  I'll see how I feel after I make a necessary beer run and take it from there.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Friends...!

I wrote a message yesterday but got sidetracked and didn't tap the post button...I must have seen a squirrel! :P...

It started off saying I had received good news...the biopsies from my face were not cancerous...yippeeeee!...

I don't remember the rest of what I wrote...

Anyway, we're hitting triple digit temps now and will probably hit 111 on Monday...the nights are still nice though, so far...

I lost a couple discus in the last month...disappointing...I don't really have the time to manage their tank...I'm thinking about selling them soon...they are pretty, but I have no intention of breeding them...

Did any of the tornadoes come close to you, Liz?...as usual, they did some damage!...

How are your pond fish doing, Barb?...

Willie, the cloudy rainy Seattle weather most of the year is what got to me...I get the "dragged my butt" thing!...

I hope you're all having a great day today!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 23, 2023, 10:46:04 AM
Hi Friends...!

I wrote a message yesterday but got sidetracked and didn't tap the post button...I must have seen a squirrel! :P...

It started off saying I had received good news...the biopsies from my face were not cancerous...yippeeeee!...

That's great news Ron. Hopefully that issue is behind you.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

wsantia1

Thanks Liz. When the time comes I'll be reaching out to you and the folks at Simply where I already gotten some great advice and encouragement. So far I have had these Discus for 3 months and they are probably around 4.5 inches.
Willie

LizStreithorst

They'll be getting close, soon.  The females mature faster than the males.
Always move forward. Never look back.