• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 07:47:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 522
Total: 522

Stormy Monday

Started by wsantia1, April 13, 2020, 05:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning all. I don't know about you guy but we have T-Storms rolling through this morning that will be accompanied by wind gust of up to 80 MPH on the peninsula.  In my location it is currently 63 degrees with rain consistent with the forecast. Winds here are gusting at a more comfortable 35 MPH. huh Ouch.

The coffee is great and my itinerary is open so I guess it is a good day for water changes. It is also a good time to move my Plat Pearlscale (Liz's line) fry from 5 gallon tanks to larger quarters.

I will do that slowly because I am gun shy from past failures.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Barb's being hit by those big winds today, too.  I got it last night.

I woke up this morning to a Discus pair with wigglers!
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 13, 2020, 06:49:57 AM
Barb's being hit by those big winds today, too.  I got it last night.

I woke up this morning to a Discus pair with wigglers!

Congrats on the wigglers Liz. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

...Willie...good luck with the fry move!...

...Liz...congrats on the wrigglers!...

...looks like we're back in the low 70s today with some clouds...rest of week it will be rising into the 80s again...

...LUcy is getting stir crazy again, so we'll go do a drive thru for lunch and check out one of our sponsor pet stores with Stan and Barb...

...also time for a water change today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Blue skies with white puffy clouds now.  But this morning was like a hurricane here for a few hours.  High winds, pouring rain.  It was coming sideways against an outside door and came right under the door for the first time. Took a big towel to sop it up. All is well now.  Liz, hope you are fine?  And Willie?
Barb

LizStreithorst

I hope all that is over for you now, Barb.  No problems here at all Barb.  Lots of big wind and a short down pour and thunder but it was all just sound and fury.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hey everybody I'm good after a weird day. Like Barb we had hurricane force winds and heavy rain in the morning. Then we had a kind of breezy afternoon with some clouds and then of a sudden came a tornado warning which came with severe winds and even more rain. 5 minutes after that the sun came out, the winds died down and it turned into a pleasant evening.

While all of that was going on I managed to move about 150 plat fry from a couple of 5 gallon tanks into a 20 gallon tank. It will be easier for me to cull from the new tank. I've already got this spawn sold so I've been working hard on keeping their environment in great shape.
Willie

Ron Sower

...I'm so glad all of you were ok...my Sis in Chester Va had some of the rain and wind, but all's ok...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron