• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 07:01:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 607
Total: 608

NFL playoffs...

Started by Mugwump, January 17, 2016, 12:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Steve, sorry about the 'pack'....they went further than I expected tho...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

Thanks Jon.  I expected them to beat the Redskins once I knew that was who they would be playing but the way the whole team played the last 2/3 of the season they were not one of the top teams in the league.  I won't say they didn't belong in the playoffs but they were not playing well enough to go far.  We did take them to the wire though so that is some consolation.

As much as he dismantled my team yesterday I can't help but respect Larry Fitzgerald.  He has always been a class act and for him alone I will be rooting for the Cardinals to win it all.  In the other thread I said I kinda want the Panthers just to shut up some of the doubters but my respect for LF trumps that. 

The best news out of the playoffs is that the vikings lost before we did.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on January 17, 2016, 03:28:37 PM
Thanks Jon.  I expected them to beat the Redskins once I knew that was who they would be playing but the way the whole team played the last 2/3 of the season they were not one of the top teams in the league.  I won't say they didn't belong in the playoffs but they were not playing well enough to go far.  We did take them to the wire though so that is some consolation.

As much as he dismantled my team yesterday I can't help but respect Larry Fitzgerald.  He has always been a class act and for him alone I will be rooting for the Cardinals to win it all.  In the other thread I said I kinda want the Panthers just to shut up some of the doubters but my respect for LF trumps that. 

The best news out of the playoffs is that the vikings lost before we did.

Seattle just bought it big time by the Panthers.....now I'm just hoping Peyton has enough in the tank to go out in style....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 17, 2016, 03:39:02 PM
Seattle just bought it big time by the Panthers.....now I'm just hoping Peyton has enough in the tank to go out in style....

That was such a hard game to watch here. But, like I wrote yesterday, my season went a bit longer than many others.
Really interesting to me that both halves had all unanswered points...by opposite teams...how many times does that happen? If it came up in the ''talking heads'' conversation, i didn't hear it because i didn't watch them this time!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 17, 2016, 08:52:07 PM
Really interesting to me that both halves had all unanswered points...by opposite teams...how many times does that happen?

I've noticed it on several occasions.  I'm guessing when a team goes up in the first half they think they have it made and let down.  The other team gets fired up at halftime and does just the opposite and comes out and scores big on the team that has let down thinking they have already won.

Dennis

sschind

Jeff Janis had 101 receiving yards on just 2 catches.  While that may have been done before I'm pretty confident in saying it has never been done on 1 drive before.

He caught a 60 yarder from the Packers 4 to the Cardinals 36 then the Packers lost 5 yards on a penalty and he caught a 41 yarder for a TD.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB