• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 01:16:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 653
Total: 654

Just ordered

Started by JC, November 01, 2014, 01:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

My new air pump!!  I went with a pondmaster AP 40. Should be here in a week or so

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on November 01, 2014, 01:02:46 PM
My new air pump!!  I went with a pondmaster AP 40. Should be here in a week or so

cool.....from who??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

Quote from: Mugwump on November 01, 2014, 01:10:10 PM
Quote from: JC on November 01, 2014, 01:02:46 PM

cool.....from who??

Got if from amazon

BallAquatics

Amazon's got a good price on those.  At 47.5 Liters per minute it should run 40+ outlets with ease.

Dennis

JC

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 02, 2014, 08:55:16 AM
Amazon's got a good price on those.  At 47.5 Liters per minute it should run 40+ outlets with ease.

Dennis

That what I thought too. And I figured how many outlets I'll be running and it totaled 30 and that was have 6 extra sponges going "in case"

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on November 02, 2014, 12:39:19 PM

Dennis

That what I thought too. And I figured how many outlets I'll be running and it totaled 30 and that was have 6 extra sponges going "in case"

..you'll likely be able to push 50-55 sponges.....those pumps have a good head....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

Quote from: Mugwump on November 02, 2014, 12:54:06 PM
Quote from: JC on November 02, 2014, 12:39:19 PM

Dennis

..you'll likely be able to push 50-55 sponges.....those pumps have a good head....

Good!  Just in case I want to expand  ;D

LizStreithorst

My Jemco is only a year old, but the thought of running out of air is terrifying.  I do have these 4 small Medo linear pumps run about 15 sponges each.  They are ancient, but they work.  (those old Medo's refuse to die).  I bet I could put my thinking cap on and figure out how to plum them all together.  They would require check valves because without them, they think that they are working against one another. 

Actually, even without my thinking cap I have a picture in my mind of what to do.  It'll be easy. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

JC

My wife's grandfather has a couple of those medo pumps and he swears by them

LizStreithorst

I only bought my Jemco when I basically decided to move my own self into the fish room.  They are great, but since they are not  insulated they have a hum to them.  3 of them running in a 20X20 room got too loud to live with 24/7.
Always move forward. Never look back.

JC

Just arrived today!!  Excited to get this bad boy hooked up. I plugged it in and it's super quiet and that's with air just pushing out the front nozzle, after I hook it up to my loop it should quiet it even more.

Mugwump

All the air that you need is a sweet luxury... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon

JC

Quote from: Mugwump on November 06, 2014, 01:10:06 PM
All the air that you need is a sweet luxury... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tell me about it. I regret selling my alita but I guess I'm glad I did because now I have a bigger pump haha

Mugwump

I don't run a closed loop on mine......works fine...and I can add to either end too... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

JC

Quote from: Mugwump on November 06, 2014, 01:34:57 PM
I don't run a closed loop on mine......works fine...and I can add to either end too... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I left mine up when I moved a yr and a half ago so it's just easy to use what's already there. It worked great for me. It circles my entire 12x12 fishroom.  I do like the setup you have though and if I move again I'll more than likely go that route since putting up the PVC was a pain in the rear