• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 01:24:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 645
Total: 646

New Alita AL-60

Started by Jdmcfast, June 12, 2013, 09:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

I've got a new Alita AL-60 on the way from Ken's! My 40L hi-blow is plumbed in from the garage due to a casting imperfection that causes it to rattle occasionally and get pretty noisy. With all the tanks I've added and the heat in the garage it is starting to struggle keeping up. I'm hoping that the Alita is quiet enough to plumb in actually in the fish room.:D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Josh

Mugwump

You'll be amazed at the output and how quiet it is....Alita's are nice pumps
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

It will arrive Friday I can't wait! :-)

Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on June 12, 2013, 01:02:36 PM
It will arrive Friday I can't wait! :-)

You'll likely be backing some valves down,,,,LOL.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

That will be great

Josh

b125killer

I got the Alita 40 a few weeks back. I love how quite it is. I was also amazed at the air output. I got mine on a closed loop and I have a bleed off valve on. I'm running 15 sponge filters with it and it can handle a lot more than that. My last pump was a eco complet that had almost identical specs and it couldn't handel half of what I'm running now.
Scott

Jdmcfast

Quote from: b125killer on June 12, 2013, 02:16:15 PM
I got the Alita 40 a few weeks back. I love how quite it is. I was also amazed at the air output. I got mine on a closed loop and I have a bleed off valve on. I'm running 15 sponge filters with it and it can handle a lot more than that. My last pump was a eco complet that had almost identical specs and it couldn't handel half of what I'm running now.

I have only heard good things about them, I already have a closed loop so it will be an easy swap out and adjusting valves. I'm running 28 outlets now so I should be able to add a few more:). My 40L has done great until it started getting hot in the garage, and like me it's not near as efficient when it's hot. But it will be nice for a back up and maybe I can get a few bucks out of my other smaller back up

Josh

Jdmcfast

I finally got my alita at 9pm yesterday after locating it at the incorrect address it was delivered to on Friday!

Josh

Josh

Mugwump

Great......glad you found it.....you'll really like the pump.... ;D
Jon

b125killer

It's good that you found it. Sucks that it got delivered to the wrong address. I still can't get over how quite they are.
Scott

Jdmcfast

Quote from: b125killer on June 19, 2013, 06:32:49 AM
It's good that you found it. Sucks that it got delivered to the wrong address. I still can't get over how quite they are.
Hopefully I will find out just how quiet they are for myself tonight:D

Josh

Jdmcfast

Atleast it wasn't live fish sitting at the wrong house for two days:)

Josh

Jdmcfast

Well I got the Alita plumbed in! And after mopping the floor and adjusting every single valve in the room I love it:D

Josh

Josh

Mugwump

LOL....suddenly having all the air you'll need, and more, causes em to drive those sponges and stones..... ;D....I knew that you'd be turning them down .....like a froth, huh?... ;D...
Jon

Jdmcfast

Quote from: Mugwump on June 20, 2013, 06:28:32 AM
LOL....suddenly having all the air you'll need, and more, causes em to drive those sponges and stones..... ;D....I knew that you'd be turning them down .....like a froth, huh?... ;D...
Yes....more like volcanoes in some cases

Josh